What Does the Offense Look Like w/ Milroe as the Starter?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm hoping Jalen starts as well.

I think this is the Perfect game for him to get some Valuable Reps as the Starter and it could pay huge dividends as the season plays out.

I'd also feel a lot better if Bryce just continued to heal for now.

Imo it would be better to give him that extra week off before Tenn than to risk a setback here.

We can beat Texas 8&4 with Jalen.

Check that.... we can HAMMER Texas 8&4 with Jalen.

I'm looking forward to him playing well and silencing some of the critics out there.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Saw where CNS continues to say Bryce is day-to-day, that he`s been practicing, has some soreness. Said they`d have to see how he is in pre-game warm ups. I personally hope that Jalen starts regardless.
Jalen will start. Gamesmanship on behalf of Coach. Everyone in the world knows JM will start but he keeps the narrative of doubt in the opponents head...what if?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Agreed and we are going to need Bryce for UT next week and don't need a setback.
Frankly, UT is overblown. Their D is really crappy and I expect to dominate them at home even with Jalen. Heck, probably better to stick with the running game anyway to regulate time of possession. Wear out their D and keep the ball away from their offense.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Frankly, UT is overblown. Their D is really crappy and I expect to dominate them at home even with Jalen. Heck, probably better to stick with the running game anyway to regulate time of possession. Wear out their D and keep the ball away from their offense.
They will stress our D but not overblown IMO. We know we have not been very good on the road, their crowd will be juiced and we have won 15 in a row. They will be highly motivated and I certainly hope we have Bryce and we better be ready to play.

Reactions: Countrytider2

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
They will stress our D but not overblown IMO. We know we have not been very good on the road, their crowd will be juiced and we have won 15 in a row. They will be highly motivated and I certainly hope we have Bryce and we better be ready to play.
I think they are a one trick pony with all their eggs in the offense basket. Milroe, with RPO, OL run blocking, designed dink passes, I think that is enough to control the clock and keep their strength, offense, off the filed. The longer their D is on the field the more likely we cruise.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Just reported on Ryan Fowler show that Aaron Wilson from NFL network is reporting Bryce will not play, apparently Vegas knows as well because line has dropped from 24.5 to 22

• Thank You
Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think they are a one trick pony with all their eggs in the offense basket. Milroe, with RPO, OL run blocking, designed dink passes, I think that is enough to control the clock and keep their strength, offense, off the filed. The longer their D is on the field the more likely we cruise.
They are the highest ranked and toughest opponent on our schedule. Sorry but I want my Heisman Trophy winning QB on the road in this game. I know we all get caught up in what we last saw but we know what we are getting with Bryce.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
They are the highest ranked and toughest opponent on our schedule. Sorry but I want my Heisman Trophy winning QB on the road in this game. I know we all get caught up in what we last saw but we know what we are getting with Bryce.
Yea, I dig. Just do not think Bryce will be 100% in such short time and would prefer to have him in top shape going down the stretch. I believe we can beat the Vols at home with QB1, 2 or 3. Of course, that is JMHO.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
We just won by 23 on the road with our backup qb.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
Just reported on Ryan Fowler show that Aaron Wilson from NFL network is reporting Bryce will not play, apparently Vegas knows as well because line has dropped from 24.5 to 22
Interesting that Vegas thinks the drop off from Young to Milroe is only 2.5 points. I would've thought it would be at least a touchdown.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Ok look I am in agreement that SM has been a better blocker heck even I notice the change when SM is in the game. I do find it strange that a lot of people on the board don't understand Nick Sabans hesitation to put SM in. SM has had some sloppy snaps at times. I mean say what you want about his blocking being good, but the Centers number one job is to get the ball to the QB. Bad snaps lose football games. We see that every year. Before anyone jumps down my throat. I am not saying DD should start but I understand Nick Sabans hesitation.
every once and a while, SM has snap that isn't a dime back to the QB, but I can't recall seeing any against ARK that were so out of the QB frame that it limited what we were trying to on the play. Maybe one last season in his starts but I can't honestly can't recall.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
every once and a while, SM has snap that isn't a dime back to the QB, but I can't recall seeing any against ARK that were so out of the QB frame that it limited what we were trying to on the play. Maybe one last season in his starts but I can't honestly can't recall.
Uhhhhh he had one where the ball literally skid on the ground and Mcellean had the instinct to pick it up and make the first down against arky. He has had some awful snaps to milroe in clean up duty. Look I think SM is the better blocker but let’s not rewrite history that he has been perfect at snapping the ball just cause we all want him in the game. Which I do too.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Uhhhhh he had one where the ball literally skid on the ground and Mcellean had the instinct to pick it up and make the first down against arky. He has had some awful snaps to milroe in clean up duty. Look I think SM is the better blocker but let’s not rewrite history that he has been perfect at snapping the ball just cause we all want him in the game. Which I do too.
You mean this play with 9:10 left in the first? The one where the snap hits Young right in the hands and he drops it, then JM scoops it up for the first? That was a PERFECT snap. SM even put the ball to the side the handoff was going to like he should have. Young just took his eyes off it and dropped it. That one is on Young, not SM

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
People are acting like JM cannot throw the ball - he can and he will. Any offense that doesn't attempt to stretch the field will have a tough time running.

Bama will likely lean a bit more on the run, but I suspect we'll see some great passes from JM (if he plays).
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we thew on first down. A pass to McClellan or Gibbs. Down the middle of the field and 20-50 yards deep. That would upset the TAMU game plan.

Reactions: seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.