Question: What happened to the Bama twins

CrmznApklps

All-SEC
Nov 22, 2004
The GUMP
I think the dude genuinely wanted a hunting Bama hat but he outta have known that asking for orange was going to go very bad. I haven’t seen him post anything since.
I felt bad for him (Weverossi or something) at first, but if I remember correctly, he did have fun with it as well for a while. I enjoyed it...quite humorous.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Met the twins at a game in Knoxville one year, I think it was '06. Seemed super sweet, and were happy to take a pic.

Anybody remember the fan with all of the Bama tattoos that wore the kilt? I think his name was Nate. Haven't seen him in a while, either.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The first Alabama “twins” of notoriety I remember were Beth and Harriet Troxell (the Troxell twins). I know Beth was a cheerleader at Alabama in the mid 1970’s. I’m not sure about Harriet. Absolutely stunning.
Harriet was a cheerleader and also homecoming queen

Reactions: CB4

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Found tis on one of the recruiting updates from 2008.

J.D. Marsh, running back from Mountain Brook High School, recently emerged on the recruiting scene after running a 4.35- 40 yard dash at Duke’s camp. He holds scholarship offers from Army, Navy and Wofford. His mother, Beth Troxell, was a cheerleader and ran track at the University of Alabama in the 70s. His father wrestled at Auburn, and he has a sister on a track scholarship at Virginia. He also as a brother who attends Auburn.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Hope they are doing well, the camera will always find the interesting looking people at games. Usually no harm. Of course, a lot of folks live and prepare for the attention. You will also probably remember the the two big guys from Scottsboro with the toilet paper rolls (good guys, I remember when one passed away). Yeah, then Updyke. But the all time “look-at-me, I’m-on-TV” character was Shorty Price, who careened and teetered the lower stands and hand rails at Bama games in the 60s and 70s. I didn’t know him, but I’m pretty sure he was drunk on those occasions. As were most of us.
Shorty always stayed at the Redmont Hotel when Bama played in Birmingham. My brother and I were shopping at Fred Sington's Sporting Goods downtown near the hotel just before a game one time and when we walked out the first thing we saw was Shorty staggering in the middle of the street. We grabbed him before he got run over, put him in the car, and took him to the game. He went into the stadium with the band. He probably never had a ticket for a game and never missed a game.

Reactions: jabcmb

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Shorty died in a car accident the day of the 6-3 Mississippi State game.
Traveling East instead of West to get to Jackson. Accident occurred on Hwy 82 near Montgomery so he probably thought he was headed to Starkville. They say tragedy changes to comedy in twenty years. It didn't wait that day. Actually it was a comedy of errors that changed to tragedy.

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Shorty always stayed at the Redmont Hotel when Bama played in Birmingham. My brother and I were shopping at Fred Sington's Sporting Goods downtown near the hotel just before a game one time and when we walked out the first thing we saw was Shorty staggering in the middle of the street. We grabbed him before he got run over, put him in the car, and took him to the game. He went into the stadium with the band. He probably never had a ticket for a game and never missed a game.
Shorty

all ”4 foot 12” of him

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Oddly enough, the Houndstooth twins seemed to disappear out of the public eye once Saban came onto the scene. Which was fine by me. They were cute and all, but they were of a different era. In the pre Saban days, things like this seemed ok, given the time. Now though, not so much. It's nothing to do with them personally, but fans really shouldn't be in the limelight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.