What I see after Week 2

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not sure what everyone else's perception is of the college football landscape in the SEC after this weekend. But I am curious of your take. Mine?

1 - Georgia = for real
2 - TAMU is officially a huge threat to our SECW dominance.
3 - Florida has a lot of work to do.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
1. Georgia is hungry to get another crack at us so I don't see them losing until they play us in the SECCG.

2. Texas A&M played well at Kyle Field against Clemson but I don't see them coming to BDS and pulling an upset. I'll take Saban over his former assistants every time until something changes.

3. I think LSU will have a better season than many people initially thought.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What I see.... is a lot of overreaction about the overall strength of the SEC.

I think there are 2 real teams, 2 above average teams, and a lot of the same we’ve had the last 4 years. I think week 3 will show how overinflated most of these teams are.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Any way you slice it the West is tougher than people thought preseason.
Maybe but I only worry about Auburn and MSU.

ATM was in that game mostly because Kelly Bryant. I think if they left Lawrence in there Clemson could’ve pulled away

LSU still doesn’t have a qb, and they lack that NFL caliber rb. Burrow was 40% vs Miami and 50% against SELA. He is a statue that a good defense will topple. LSU has a talented defense but I would like to hold judgment on their true effectiveness until next week

Arkansas please.....

Ole Miss has a good offense but a horrid defense

MSU and Auburn look like good to great teams.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
What I see.... is a lot of overreaction about the overall strength of the SEC.

I think there are 2 real teams, 2 above average teams, and a lot of the same we’ve had the last 4 years. I think week 3 will show how overinflated most of these teams are.
That might be true, but right now I only see 3 teams outside the SEC that are capable of beating us and that’s Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. I think Georgia, Auburn, LSU, and Miss St are all capable in conference.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Maybe but I only worry about Auburn and MSU.

ATM was in that game mostly because Kelly Bryant. I think if they left Lawrence in there Clemson could’ve pulled away

LSU still doesn’t have a qb, and they lack that NFL caliber rb. Burrow was 40% vs Miami and 50% against SELA. He is a statue that a good defense will topple. LSU has a talented defense but I would like to hold judgment on their true effectiveness until next week

Arkansas please.....

Ole Miss has a good offense but a horrid defense

MSU and Auburn look like good to great teams.
Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps if they'd left Lawrence in there more he would've thrown a pick that led directly or indirectly to points, costing them the win. In a game that close, getting two takeaways while not turning the ball over yourself matters a lot.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
After two weeks, I’d say the only teams in the sec that are a threat to us are auburn and Georgia. Nationally I’d include Oklahoma and Clemson in that group. And only Oklahoma out of that group has a defense that is inferior to ours right now.

I’ve always believed that ultimately defense wins championships. Ours should get better, but if it doesn’t make drastic improvements then I think we may see a step back this year despite having the most explosive offense of the Saban era.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
After two weeks, I’d say the only teams in the sec that are a threat to us are auburn and Georgia. Nationally I’d include Oklahoma and Clemson in that group.
I'll just add that tOSU is looking pretty good right now too. They averaging 64.5 PPG and Haskins is 42 for 53 for 546 yards and 9 TD's

I'd say that right now these are the Top 5 teams without question...

1) Alabama
2) Georgia
3) Oklahoma
4) tOSU
5) Clemson

All five teams have great situations at QB too.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
My take on what we most likely learned from today:

1) We're not going to be exactly dominant along the defensive line, and not as quick to make the right pre-snap calls or react, especially in the intermediate middle. The right offenses will take advantage of that, and it could lead to 1-2 regular season losses unless our offense can outshoot them.

2) Jalen's involvement today confirms he won't redshirt this year. He's either vying for enough playing time in audition for a one-year deal with a major program next year, or the coach has somehow mastermind-ed Tua and he to stay for both years as some two-headed dragon with separate game plans for teams to prepare for regularly.

3) There never has been, nor will there ever be a more perfect name for a punter than Skyler DeLong.

4) Joseph Bulovas will most likely be a respectable rather than embarrassing placekicker, hopefully sparing us from kicker heartaches of year's past.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Who was our kicker who could only manage coming up short of the end zone? That will bite us against a good KO returner.
Joseph Bulovas (#97) has been handling the KO's this year. He's almost certainly going to handle the FG's and XP's going forward now too.

I'm not really worried about the KO's. I'll just be happy if he can continue to be 100% on XP's and maybe 70-80% on FG's.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My take on what we most likely learned from today:

1) We're not going to be exactly dominant along the defensive line, and not as quick to make the right pre-snap calls or react, especially in the intermediate middle. The right offenses will take advantage of that, and it could lead to 1-2 regular season losses unless our offense can outshoot them.

2) Jalen's involvement today confirms he won't redshirt this year. He's either vying for enough playing time in audition for a one-year deal with a major program next year, or the coach has somehow mastermind-ed Tua and he to stay for both years as some two-headed dragon with separate game plans for teams to prepare for regularly.

3) There never has been, nor will there ever be a more perfect name for a punter than Skyler DeLong.

4) Joseph Bulovas will most likely be a respectable rather than embarrassing placekicker, hopefully sparing us from kicker heartaches of year's past.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
After two weeks I completely agree with this. I believe auburn, UGA, LSU and TAMU are all better than initially thought. The real strength once again is in the SEC West.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Joseph Bulovas (#97) has been handling the KO's this year. He's almost certainly going to handle the FG's and XP's going forward now too.

I'm not really worried about the KO's. I'll just be happy if he can continue to be 100% on XP's and maybe 70-80% on FG's.
Thanks, I had company and couldn't keep up with the players.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
1. Yes, Arkansas really does have a Cheerleader for a HC.

2. Georgia's slaying of SC once again shows that recruiting rankings are important -- unless you have a 1st year HC. see Florida, Nebraska, Arizona & etc. Then of course there are the Stanfords of the sport who continually smack down teams with better recruits -- are you listening Southern Cal, and Texas too.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.