What if you could setup a game ?

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
You choose two teams to play each year in a home and away series....

My choice would be Alabama vs Clemson!

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
UGA and Clemson used to play often...and if I'm not mistaken they play each other in '21.
That'd be a good annual contest and it would make sure that they each (Clemson) had a tough game every year...

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
If it's just for the rivalry/nostalgia aspect, I'd go with Alabama vs. Ohio State.

If I'm travelling to both games, I'm going with Hawaii vs. Miami.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It wouldn't matter, so I don't care.

It doesn't matter who we play, the whiners are gonna whine and hate.

If we blew out Clemson in September AT DEATH VALLEY, by November it would be, "I think Clemson would win a rematch, they've improved so much since that game."

That's EXACTLY what happened with USC in 2016. We beat them by 46 points in September with a first-game QB but by November, they'd have beaten us in a rematch.

And then there'd be the old annual TCU/Utah/Boise St/UCF group of phonies and it would become, "Alabama is afraid to play So and So," followed by a recitation of Boise beating OU, Utah beating us, etc.

So screw them all.

It's a privilege for YOUR team to play mine - period.

No insistence on the game being at your place.
None of this "month of November" garbage from folks who play their conference title game indoors and have a hissy fit about playing in Pasadena every January.

Alabama loses in September 2015, and it's the end of the dynasty.

USC loses in September 2016 and by November, they're the next big thing.

As far as that "won't play on the road" nonsense, since 2008, Alabama is:

43-6 on the road (.877) and half of those losses are to Auburn.
79-5 at home (.940), and two of those losses are to LSU.
27-6 at neutral sites (.818)

Oh and guess what? Saban and Alabama will get blamed by the riff-raff if the football season is canceled because, "He didn't want to play that tough schedule with USC and UGA and ATM back-to-back with Auburn."

Just watch.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It wouldn't matter, so I don't care.

It doesn't matter who we play, the whiners are gonna whine and hate.

If we blew out Clemson in September AT DEATH VALLEY, by November it would be, "I think Clemson would win a rematch, they've improved so much since that game."

That's EXACTLY what happened with USC in 2016. We beat them by 46 points in September with a first-game QB but by November, they'd have beaten us in a rematch.

And then there'd be the old annual TCU/Utah/Boise St/UCF group of phonies and it would become, "Alabama is afraid to play So and So," followed by a recitation of Boise beating OU, Utah beating us, etc.

So screw them all.

It's a privilege for YOUR team to play mine - period.

No insistence on the game being at your place.
None of this "month of November" garbage from folks who play their conference title game indoors and have a hissy fit about playing in Pasadena every January.

Alabama loses in September 2015, and it's the end of the dynasty.

USC loses in September 2016 and by November, they're the next big thing.

As far as that "won't play on the road" nonsense, since 2008, Alabama is:

43-6 on the road (.877) and half of those losses are to Auburn.
79-5 at home (.940), and two of those losses are to LSU.
27-6 at neutral sites (.818)

Oh and guess what? Saban and Alabama will get blamed by the riff-raff if the football season is canceled because, "He didn't want to play that tough schedule with USC and UGA and ATM back-to-back with Auburn."

Just watch.
Mornin' Selma!!! ☕

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.