Question: What is this team’s biggest obstacle to winning a National Championship?

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
Honestly, UGA will be THE SIMPLEST team to game plan for that we will play all season. UGA is not that imaginative on offense like all the basketball on grass teams we play during the season and furthermore, neither of UGA's QBs strike fear into my heart.
Yeah, our Oline will need to have it together when we play them to give BY time to operate and we're going to have to be able to have some run game but UGA ain't the MONSTER under the bed that a lot of people on here seem to be ready to wet the bed over.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Honestly, UGA will be THE SIMPLEST team to game plan for that we will play all season. UGA is not that imaginative on offense like all the basketball on grass teams we play during the season and furthermore, neither of UGA's QBs strike fear into my heart.
Yeah, our Oline will need to have it together when we play them to give BY time to operate and we're going to have to be able to have some run game but UGA ain't the MONSTER under the bed that a lot of people on here seem to be ready to wet the bed over.
Agreed. Every Goliath has a chink in the armor. Georgia has not faced anyone who can stretch the field yet. Their bd’s haven’t been tested because Georgia has dominated the line of scrimmage so far and that covers a lot ills with deep ball.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
UGA has a D-line full of Barmores. Nightmare fuel.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
UGA has a D-line full of Barmores. Nightmare fuel.
Yup - if we play them in the SECCG the OL will have to play out of their minds, far better than they've played all year. That UGA front seven is simply ridiculous.

Regarding playing a team like UGA, I have a phrase I love and share with folks when talking about fitness programs: "it's simple, but not easy." It's simple to get into shape, but it's not easy. And it's simple to game plan for a team like UGA, but making that plan work is not easy (against that D).

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
1. Win a game or two that is very close.
2. Be relatively injury free at key positions.
3. You have to have a little lady luck.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I do like Neal’s comments about finishing. They definitely “finished” last week.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
A lot of folks on here are scared of the Barn - and it’s not just because the game is at JH.
Can’t say I’m surprised, considering the posters, but it still amazes me the little acceptance of reality.
Lane Kiffin is coaching himself right out of a better job opportunity. His insanity of going for it on fourth down no matter where on the field has been a leading factor in both of their losses; statistically the Auburn game was even but four blown opportunities in the red zone with 0 points? Won’t win many games.
And his failed fourth down attempts opened the door for Bama; granted, statistically that game was more one sided.
But Auburn has shown absolutely nothing to me that says they can beat Bama (JH voodoo notwithstanding). They are not scary offensively or defensively. I’m not at all convinced they can beat A&M, especially there.
There are few defenses that can even slow Bama down, unless Bama self-destructs, and the Barn ain’t one. Now, could we see footballs bouncing off of players helmets, fumbles bouncing in a straight line 15 yards down the field a foot away from the boundary, missed field goals being run back for touchdowns? Sure could, but that is the ONLY way (again, unless Bama self destructs) that the Barn wins this game.
Bama has two tough games to play (so does the Barn), and major injuries to either team during these few weeks will likely affect the outcome. But Bama has higher value room for improvement, and if they get there Georgia will be in the toughest game they’ve had all year, by far.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A lot of folks on here are scared of the Barn - and it’s not just because the game is at JH.
Can’t say I’m surprised, considering the posters, but it still amazes me the little acceptance of reality.
Lane Kiffin is coaching himself right out of a better job opportunity. His insanity of going for it on fourth down no matter where on the field has been a leading factor in both of their losses; statistically the Auburn game was even but four blown opportunities in the red zone with 0 points? Won’t win many games.
And his failed fourth down attempts opened the door for Bama; granted, statistically that game was more one sided.
But Auburn has shown absolutely nothing to me that says they can beat Bama (JH voodoo notwithstanding). They are not scary offensively or defensively. I’m not at all convinced they can beat A&M, especially there.
There are few defenses that can even slow Bama down, unless Bama self-destructs, and the Barn ain’t one. Now, could we see footballs bouncing off of players helmets, fumbles bouncing in a straight line 15 yards down the field a foot away from the boundary, missed field goals being run back for touchdowns? Sure could, but that is the ONLY way (again, unless Bama self destructs) that the Barn wins this game.
Bama has two tough games to play (so does the Barn), and major injuries to either team during these few weeks will likely affect the outcome. But Bama has higher value room for improvement, and if they get there Georgia will be in the toughest game they’ve had all year, by far.
Nobody here that I know of is arguing that the barn is better than Bama. Up and down the roster, we have the better team. Our O SHOULD wipe the field with their D. We all get that. But for whatever reason(I have expressed what I think it is many times), they manage to outplay us and usually enjoy some good fortune along the way virtually every time that we play them in that venue(only two exceptions--2001 and 2011). I'm not afraid of them nor am I conceding the game, but there is a history there that suggests to me as a FAN that total domination by our team in that stadium, no matter the disparity in talent, is not likely to happen. They are not intimidated by us and I really think they get more out of denying us a chance at a championship than they do by winning one themselves.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Nobody here that I know of is arguing that the barn is better than Bama. Up and down the roster, we have the better team. Our O SHOULD wipe the field with their D. We all get that. But for whatever reason(I have expressed what I think it is many times), they manage to outplay us and usually enjoy some good fortune along the way virtually every time that we play them in that venue(only two exceptions--2001 and 2011). I'm not afraid of them nor am I conceding the game, but there is a history there that suggests to me as a FAN that total domination by our team in that stadium, no matter the disparity in talent, is not likely to happen. They are not intimidated by us and I really think they get more out of denying us a chance at a championship than they do by winning one themselves.
Couldn’t have said it better. It has nothing to do with being scared of them. For whatever reason, this game…in this stadium…when we absolutely have to get a win, is Saban’s kryptonite.

Reactions: deliveryman35

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Now, could we see footballs bouncing off of players helmets, fumbles bouncing in a straight line 15 yards down the field a foot away from the boundary, missed field goals being run back for touchdowns? Sure could, but that is the ONLY way (again, unless Bama self destructs) that the Barn wins this game.
Yes, that’s what we’re talking about.

Reactions: DogPatch

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
You give up by saying the Barn will win the game, even thinking it. As others have said, this is 2021; when you walk around expecting bad things to happen, they oftentimes do.
Bama doesn’t get beat by Auburn this year; they’ve already beat themselves once and won’t do it again.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Couldn’t have said it better. It has nothing to do with being scared of them. For whatever reason, this game…in this stadium…when we absolutely have to get a win, is Saban’s kryptonite.
Bama absolutely had to get a win in 2009, 2011 and 2015 and got one.

Except for 2019 Auburn had very good teams along with good fortune: 2013 they played for the NC, 2017 they were the hottest team in the country and played for the SEC title with a legit shot to be the first 2 loss team to make the playoff. Even the 2019 team was half decent and were playing vs a backup QB, who played well but had one bad pick6 and another fluke that was a 14 pt swing. Then missed a short FG to tie.

There’s really no mystery. AU had capable teams along with some good fortune. The talent gap is not as great as some think.

Btw, most of Saban’s teams, like Coach Bryant’s, start their big games a little tight, then settle in. Especially when favored. Bama usually plays with great poise, especially late, but they have a great desire to win. A lot of fans think Bama does not have the same fire that AU does - IMO, that’s not true.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Bama absolutely had to get a win in 2009, 2011 and 2015 and got one.

Except for 2019 Auburn had very good teams along with good fortune: 2013 they played for the NC, 2017 they were the hottest team in the country and played for the SEC title with a legit shot to be the first 2 loss team to make the playoff. Even the 2019 team was half decent and were playing vs a backup QB, who played well but had one bad pick6 and another fluke that was a 14 pt swing. Then missed a short FG to tie.

There’s really no mystery. AU had capable teams along with some good fortune. The talent gap is not as great as some think.

Btw, most of Saban’s teams, like Coach Bryant’s, start their big games a little tight, then settle in. Especially when favored. Bama usually plays with great poise, especially late, but they have a great desire to win. A lot of fans think Bama does not have the same fire that AU does - IMO, that’s not true.
We haven’t beaten GOOD Auburn teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.