What to watch this weekend?

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Curious about what the experts think we should watch for most this weekend at the A day game. I always find A day a bit difficult to figure out since we have one unit going against another from the same team. This makes it hard to figure out if great plays are the result of a strength in one unit or weakness in the opposing unit. For example, in the latter Stallings years, we would often hear after A day that the defense was awesome - even better that '92. But then when the season started, it became clear that the defense was not that awesome - the offense was just anemic. So what can we watch for that will allow us to cut through this confounding factor?

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
As I am unable to get to Tuscaloosa this weekend, is this A-Day on TV anywhere? I don't see it listed anywhere, at least in the New Orleans area. I see the SEC Network will show a replay Monday night, but is there anybody showing it live?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
As I am unable to get to Tuscaloosa this weekend, is this A-Day on TV anywhere? I don't see it listed anywhere, at least in the New Orleans area. I see the SEC Network will show a replay Monday night, but is there anybody showing it live?
I think its on SEC Network + but i don't really know what that is

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Disappointed the game is not on ESPN like it had been for several years. I do not have SECN. Looks like UGA got the nod this year since their game is on ESPN2. With uncertainty on the O-Line and young receivers except for Burton I'd expect the defense to dominate. This defense could be one of Saban's best.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's not even on regular SECN??? Can't believe this. First time in years it hasn't been broadcast live on one of the ESPN platforms.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
All but one spring game are om secN+ which i had to research to figure out.

If you have the secN on your cable, you can log on to the espn app and watch it on the secn+ channel.

Its very confusing because its not part of the espn+ package from what i can tell.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
From a what to watch standpoint.

The defenses will be well ahead of the offenses so don't expect a shootout.

You should watch the first team oline vs the first team front 7. Front 7 is going to win most of those but I'm happy to see how Latham does and to see if anyone emerges as a force on the dline. Will Anderson is unblockable so don't expect to see an OT look dominate against him.

Receiver and DB matchups. Specifically the transfers and freshmen at wr as well as Ricks and Jackson competing for the number 2 corner spot.

Running back is an interesting position to keep an eye on as well, sanders getting healthier and Gibbs incoming have my interest in what our run game could look like

Its a zero sum game so score isn't gonna tell you much. Best case scenario is no injuries.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You should watch the first team oline vs the first team front 7. Front 7 is going to win most of those but I'm happy to see how Latham does and to see if anyone emerges as a force on the dline. Will Anderson is unblockable so don't expect to see an OT look dominate against him.
My only concern is with the OL, the OT's specifically. I think JC Latham is a future star at RT and think we can lock him in. LT is going to be interesting to watch. Just not sure Randolph or Kight is the answer. I think Steen coming in June will hopefully pull the group together. If it does we are going to be an incredibly dangerous team.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Thought that this may help with some of the confusion regarding how to watch the ADay game on SEC+.

***If you do not want a detailed explanation or are tech savvy please skip to the easy to follow and quite brief instructions below.

The SEC+ is not an actual chanel accessible and viewable directly through your cable provider. SEC+ is a new digital sports programming network that is currently only available streaming live online from the Southeastern Conference and ESPN.

Therefore, in order to watch the SEC+ you need to access it through the ESPN app, using your cable provider login credentials, via a mobile device, computer, or other streaming devices such as fire tv, apple tv, smart tv, chromecast, etc as long as the device meets certain requirements. You can find a list of approved devices online.

Regarding the espn app, SEC+, and its live events availability, please keep in mind that access is also determined based on who your cable subscriber is combined with the specific cable package to which you subscribe. If available you simply click on the Alabama ADay Game and enjoy. See attached picture.

***Shortcut for those non readers and tech savvy individuals 😂

1. Download ESPN app
2. Login in via your cable providers credentials.
3. Click and enjoy.

BDCC2249-2B57-42A1-BF30-D7F8FD18D550.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Thought that this may help with some of the confusion regarding how to watch the ADay game on SEC+.

***If you do not want a detailed explanation or are tech savvy please skip to the easy to follow and quite brief instructions below.

The SEC+ is not an actual chanel accessible and viewable directly through your cable provider. SEC+ is a new digital sports programming network that is currently only available streaming live online from the Southeastern Conference and ESPN.

Therefore, in order to watch the SEC+ you need to access it through the ESPN app, using your cable provider login credentials, via a mobile device, computer, or other streaming devices such as fire tv, apple tv, etc as long as the device meets certain requirements. You can find a list of approved devices online.

Regarding the espn app, SEC+, and its live events availability, please keep in mind that access is also determined based on who your cable subscriber is combined with the specific cable package to which you subscribe. If available you simply click on the Alabama ADay Game and enjoy. See attached picture.

***Shortcut for those non readers 😂

1. Download ESPN app
3. Click and enjoy.

View attachment 24150
I am far from tech savvy, but have found the following to be easily workable, and a way to display computer streaming on almost any HD TV:

Have an HDMI cable permanently plugged into one of your TV's HDMI inputs. Most TVs have at least 2, and many have 4. I keep one plugged in all the time, but curled up out of sight behind the main TV. I unfurl it only when needed.

When you want to stream something, go through the regular sign-in on the computer. When you get the programming you're after, unfurl the HDMI cable, plug it into your computer's HDMI out port, point your TV's signal input to the correct HDMI input port, and you have streaming on your big-screen TV.

It's even easier if you have a newer TV that allows you to download apps onto the TV itself.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am far from tech savvy, but have found the following to be easily workable, and a way to display computer streaming on almost any HD TV:

Have an HDMI cable permanently plugged into one of your TV's HDMI inputs. Most TVs have at least 2, and many have 4. I keep one plugged in all the time, but curled up out of sight behind the main TV. I unfurl it only when needed.

When you want to stream something, go through the regular sign-in on the computer. When you get the programming you're after, unfurl the HDMI cable, plug it into your computer's HDMI out port, point your TV's signal input to the correct HDMI input port, and you have streaming on your big-screen TV.

It's even easier if you have a newer TV that allows you to download apps onto the TV itself.
Yep. Watch it on the ESPN app on your TV. That was my plan until something came up.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Just enjoy!!...This outfit is loaded for Bear..The Spring game will be very little indication of what kind of team they are going to be of course. But there will be some indications of the immense individual talents that they have..I know what the veterans are about.And the transfers? My goodness are they good! I am looking forward to watching what the following young men are about:
1)JC Latham
2)Tommy Brockermeyer
3)TFerguson
4)TBooker
5)JRoberts
6)TSimpson
7)KLaw
8)AAnderson
9)QBarnes
10)DPayne
11)MGoodwine
12)JOatis
13)KPerry
14)KBlackshire
15)IJackson
16)SMurphy
17)TArnold
18)DSmith
19)QRobinson
20)JAlexander
21)JCampbell
And a couple of others....We are about to add THarrell if things work out this weekend...And there are a lot of guys who are at the crossroads......So this ballclub has the oppy to be VERY special if the football Gods will just grant them some really special health.....I which this place deserves....

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
From a what to watch standpoint.

The defenses will be well ahead of the offenses so don't expect a shootout.

Receiver and DB matchups. Specifically the transfers and freshmen at wr as well as Ricks and Jackson competing for the number 2 corner spot.

Running back is an interesting position to keep an eye on as well, sanders getting healthier and Gibbs incoming have my interest in what our run game could look like

Its a zero sum game so score isn't gonna tell you much. Best case scenario is no injuries.
And the folks who shine in A day will disappear in regular season

• Haha
Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

Therefore, in order to watch the SEC+ you need to access it through the ESPN app, using your cable provider login credentials, via a mobile device, computer, or other streaming devices such as fire tv, apple tv, smart tv, chromecast, etc as long as the device meets certain requirements. You can find a list of approved devices online.

***Shortcut for those non readers and tech savvy individuals 😂

1. Download ESPN app
3. Click and enjoy.

View attachment 24150
When you click on the game, it will ask you to log in to ESPN+. So you need a subscription for that. With Xfinity, you can say SEC+ in the voice remote, and go that route.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.