Question: What Was Bama's Biggest Single Play Of 2009?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
To go undefeated there have to be some huge plays made over the course of a season.

Bama had a ton. Here's a few.

Virginia Tech, when GMAC completed a huge 3rd and 18 pass to Colin Peek for a key first down with us trailing 17-16 in the 4th quarter.

Mclain ripping the ball loose and Upshaw catching it and returning it for a TD just before the half in a close game against Kentucky.

Barrons Interception for a TD to start the game against South Carolina that turned out to be huge in a low scoring game.

Cody blocking the field goal against Tennessee. Monumental.

Trent Richardson's incredible touchdown run when Arkansas was stopping Ingram and hanging with us.

Julio taking the short pass and busting a 73 yard TD that turned the LSU game around.

Greg Mcelroy conducting the drive and then hitting Upchurch for the winning TD pass against M.I.T. (Manure Institute Tigers)

And finally Ingrams 63 yard gain on the screen pass against Florida when Florida had just scored to make it close.

I'm sure there are many more that I'm leaving out but these are the key plays that jump right to the forefront in my mind.

So which one was THE best. "The Bama Game Changing Performance Of The Year".

It's a tough choice but I've got to go with Cody blocking the field goal.

Without that one teeny play we wouldn't be playing for a national title.

What's your vote?? These comments should be quite interesting and the debate should be lively.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

sip

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
I would vote for the Cody block, but I think it misses even without the block. So I will go with the Ingram screen pass in the Florida game...

Eshad

3rd Team
Jun 20, 2007
You said biggest SINGLE play, so I have to give it to Mt. Cody for the block against UT. Had it not been for that, then the second best/most important single play, McElroy to Upchurch for the winning TD over Auburn, would not have been quite as big. But both were huge plays!:BigA:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Easily Mt Cody's block.... RTR!!!!
I nearly went with Ingrams screen pass only because, if you saw the photo from behind the kicker, if Cody doesn't block the kick against UT, Julio was going to swallow the ball....lol....

Julio's 73 yarder was huge as well. But I had to go with Cody.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I'll have to agree with everyone about Rocky Block. I was watching at a bar, and never have I seen so many people go from depression to elation in such a short period of time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Julio 73 yard TD.

If Tenn beats us but we win out, we're probably in Passdena anyway.

If we lose LSU, unless they have that Ole Miss meltdown, we sit at home 11-1 last Saturday.

Tideski

1st Team
Oct 21, 2007
North Alabama
There is no doubt that Cody's block is the big play. One play that stopped a FG that would have won the game for UT. That one play saved the game, and season. Without it- No Pasadena

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.