What Was Offensive Game Plan vs Auburn?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The OFF-ensive game plan was to be as offensive to the Tide fans as humanly possible.
It succeeded on multiple levels.

Bill O'Brien is the Cosmo Kramer of offensive coordinators, the guy who thinks he knows a quicker route to the fire than, you know, ACTUAL FIREMEN and is dangling off the side with the red truck in full-on emergency mode.

Here's a hint:
first down - throws a pass
second down - runs no matter what
third down - throws a pass
fourth down - eats his navel lint

If a dummy like me who has never coached football knows what play is coming then you can bet your house that talented defensive coordinators (or even some who work at Auburn) know it.
Yet i guarantee you someone is going to bring up that we are a top 5 offense statistically this week, and say none of us who complain about Bill O'brien understand football. But when I can call the plays we are running while listening to the radio then you know we have a problem. Honestly Bryce Young being the offensive coordinator versus Georgia would greatly improve our chances.

Im seriously believing that Nuss might coached circles around Bill Obrien....

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I told my wife and friends before the game that Auburn has nothing to lose and will sell out on defense, just like LSU. They'll blitz every down and go man-to-man with our receivers all day. Of course, they'll play way over their heads due to the home crowd, as Auburn always does. We just need to have an offensive game plan to take advantage of that. I envisioned quick passes to the edges, slants over the middle, and quick hitters into the line to hopefully break into the clear. This seems so intuitively obvious, but it appeared during the game that our offense was totally unprepared for this Auburn defense. Was our offensive game plan that bad? Or, did we have a good plan that was just poorly executed? What am I missing?
This is always Auburns season. We want championships, they just want to beat us so it's all or nothing every year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Game plan:
1. Run up the middle.
2. Run up right side.
3. Run up the middle again.
4. Punt.

Second series
1. WR Screen pass
2. Run up middle
3. curl pass
4. Punt.

We've worked very hard to make sure they don't work all season, so let's continue to do this.

Reactions: TexasBama

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The OFF-ensive game plan was to be as offensive to the Tide fans as humanly possible.
It succeeded on multiple levels.

Bill O'Brien is the Cosmo Kramer of offensive coordinators, the guy who thinks he knows a quicker route to the fire than, you know, ACTUAL FIREMEN and is dangling off the side with the red truck in full-on emergency mode.

Here's a hint:
first down - throws a pass
second down - runs no matter what
third down - throws a pass
fourth down - eats his navel lint

If a dummy like me who has never coached football knows what play is coming then you can bet your house that talented defensive coordinators (or even some who work at Auburn) know it.
I've watched that Game plan this season... At some point even the dumbest OC will figure out that run it up the middle ain't gonna work when they have most of their team right there and ready.
BOB really makes the game plans of Lane Kiffin look like the OC genius he is.

Reactions: UAH

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yet i guarantee you someone is going to bring up that we are a top 5 offense statistically this week, and say none of us who complain about Bill O'brien understand football. But when I can call the plays we are running while listening to the radio then you know we have a problem. Honestly Bryce Young being the offensive coordinator versus Georgia would greatly improve our chances.

Im seriously believing that Nuss might coached circles around Bill Obrien....
Sad but true. As I remember I was just as vocal to get rid of Nuss.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
But is

But they just copied LSU’s defensive plan, why give Mason credit for that. The weaknesses were already known. It appeared, especially in the first half, that we had not anticipated it.
Yep, it started with A&M, then LSU used it, now Auburn used it. You would think that by the third time of seeing the same all out defensive plan, we would have a quick offensive adjustment to it. Inquiring minds want to know - do we have a plan for that?

Reactions: UAH

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yep, it started with A&M, then LSU used it, now Auburn used it. You would think that by the third time of seeing the same all out defensive plan, we would have a quick offensive adjustment to it. Inquiring minds want to know - do we have a plan for that?
Cause it's a sure thing Georgia will use it against us too, except Ga. has a better Defense and will run it better.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Everyone is complaining about BOB me included, I don't like some of his play calling but if we could take Kiffin,Sark or best play caller you could find Saturday what could of done differently. Your best speed wr is out oline not run blocking and b rob out for 4 the quarter what could they call?

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Everyone is complaining about BOB me included, I don't like some of his play calling but if we could take Kiffin,Sark or best play caller you could find Saturday what could of done differently. Your best speed wr is out oline not run blocking and b rob out for 4 the quarter what could they call?
Something to the left. Motion pop passes. RB screens. Maybe pitch sweeps (to the left)...i don't know. Anything besides that round peg in the square hole we tried for 3.8 quarters.

Reactions: CraigD

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.