Question: What was your favorite bama sec championship game/moment?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Throwback/old school moment I like it.
It was a single play that changed the outcome of that game and allowed Alabama to win the championship a few weeks later. One play - one moment in time - without which the SECCG might not have survived. If Alabama loses that game, then the championship game keeps the SEC's only championship hope out of the game with Miami.

I doubt that we have all of the conference championship games without that moment.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It was a single play that changed the outcome of that game and allowed Alabama to win the championship a few weeks later. One play - one moment in time - without which the SECCG might not have survived. If Alabama loses that game, then the championship game keeps the SEC's only championship hope out of the game with Miami.

I doubt that we have all of the conference championship games without that moment.
I sure as heck loved it when the game kept the SEC out in 2001

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I’ll say stopping Georgia 5 yards from Miami
I have always felt like that game in 2012 was better than the national title game in 2018 or the sec title game that followed 11 months after from a pure competitive standpoint. If someone has never watched a football game before you give them the 2012 sec title game and tell them “this is what football is all about”

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
1992 and 2009.
1992 because it put us back on top after a long time of sojourning in the wilderness and 2009 because it started the period we are witnessing now.
Tua to Smitty and the 5 yrds from Miami are good the be sure but MIGHT not have happened if not for 2009.

Reactions: REDSEA and B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.