What will Trump do on January 20, 2021?

What do you think will happen the day Biden is sworn in?

• He stages a sit in and is forcibly removed from the White House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He resigns prior to 1/20 and lets President Pence handle it

• He warmly greets Biden and asks for his followers to support and pray for Biden.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So far we have no official concession or indication what he will do when it comes time to hand over the keys. So I started this poll to see what everyone thinks.

Please be aware of the fact your response will be visible to others. The poll will close the day of the Arkansas (or is it LSU) game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Can a mod fix the title to say "What will Trump do on January 20, 2021?" I left out the word "do" by mistake.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I just can’t believe we live in a world where we are actually having this discussion. And the sad thing is the last poll option is the only one that would truly shock anyone. Obama probably wasn’t thrilled about handing over power to Trump but he did put on a good public face. To be fair, it a different situation but I think he would have been a gentleman watching Mitt Romney being sworn in.

selmaborntidefan

Hall of Fame
Mar 31, 2000
Wishing I was somewhere close to Duluth with a sli
I figure he'll go Full Frank Costanza on this one.

In the waning hours, he will Tweet OVER AND OVER about how the election was stolen/rigged/etc. He will at one point say that he'll be there. At the last moment, he'll skip out and air some grievance about how it's funny people are worried about him showing respect, but the same people didn't feel that way when it was sports teams to the White House, etc, etc.

Deep down, though, everyone has to know he's a flight risk. I wonder if there aren't some sealed indictments from NY on tax evasion (or other things), and they don't show up maybe two hours before the Inauguration and walk out with him in shackles.

Otherwise? I think he makes sure to demonstrate his contempt by teeing off on a golf course right at noon.

selmaborntidefan

Hall of Fame
Mar 31, 2000
I just can’t believe we live in a world where we are actually having this discussion. And the sad thing is the last poll option is the only one that would truly shock anyone. Obama probably wasn’t thrilled about handing over power to Trump but he did put on a good public face. To be fair, it a different situation but I think he would have been a gentleman watching Mitt Romney being sworn in.

Reagan attacked Carter for months - Carter greeted him and did the typical thing.

Clinton attacked Bush for months - Bush greeted him, left him a nice note, and held his tongue.

Bush Jr attacked Clinton for months - other than some juvenile nonsense by the group leaving the White House, Clinton himself acted Presidential (I do blame him for creating an environment where his underlings thought doing that junk was okay).

Obama attacked Bush for months - Bush greeted him and they're good friends now (as were Clinton and 41)

Trump attacked Obama, well, he's yet to stop - Obama greeted him nicely

Trump's farewell may well top Richard Nixon's in "most deplorable exit by a former President."

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and UAH

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Since you had a Seinfeld reference and mentioned Nixon I will throw in Jerry’s dad doing the Nixon wave after he got kicked out of the presidency of his HOA.

Nixon left before Ford was sworn in but given the situation I will give him a pass. Ford’s opening line at his inaugural address certainly would have been uncomfortable with him standing there.

And Nixon pretty much vanished after he left office. He wrote several books and slowly tried to rebuild his image but I think he pretty much stayed under the radar. Granted, he didn’t have social media or a 24 hour cable news channel at his disposal, so who knows what he would have done today.

selmaborntidefan

Hall of Fame
Mar 31, 2000
Since you had a Seinfeld reference and mentioned Nixon I will throw in Jerry’s dad doing the Nixon wave after he got kicked out of the presidency of his HOA.

Nixon left before Ford was sworn in but given the situation I will give him a pass. Ford’s opening line at his inaugural address certainly would have been uncomfortable with him standing there.

And Nixon pretty much vanished after he left office. He wrote several books and slowly tried to rebuild his image but I think he pretty much stayed under the radar. Granted, he didn’t have social media or a 24 hour cable news channel at his disposal, so who knows what he would have done today.

I understand Nixon not being in the picture with Ford. That's thoroughly defensible, and we agree on that.

Indefensible? Standing up with a big smile like you just won an election and making the "V" sign.
Just get on the chopper and get out of here.

Nixon, strangely enough, would probably have an EASIER time rehabilitating today with social media than his long attempts to do so in the last 20 years of his life. Since we have no metoo allegations on Nixon, and he never abused a child (so far as we know), he'd have a better than average chance of being seen sorta like Barry Goldwater was in his later years.

The only thing standing between Trump and rehabbing his reputation is his big mouth.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I understand Nixon not being in the picture with Ford. That's thoroughly defensible, and we agree on that.

Indefensible? Standing up with a big smile like you just won an election and making the "V" sign.
Just get on the chopper and get out of here.

Nixon, strangely enough, would probably have an EASIER time rehabilitating today with social media than his long attempts to do so in the last 20 years of his life. Since we have no metoo allegations on Nixon, and he never abused a child (so far as we know), he'd have a better than average chance of being seen sorta like Barry Goldwater was in his later years.

The only thing standing between Trump and rehabbing his reputation is his big mouth.
Actually, the things Trump has done eclipsed Nixon in his first year. And you're correct about his mouth...

selmaborntidefan

Hall of Fame
Mar 31, 2000
Actually, the things Trump has done eclipsed Nixon in his first year. And you're correct about his mouth...
America is the most forgiving society on the planet.

I don't understand why so many people don't get this fact.

One of my former co-workers has lived here nearly 50 years, so he was here during the Cowboys dynasty in the 1970s. He said the things that never made the paper around here were the stuff of legend - players could have committed pretty much any crime including murder (ok, that's a stretch) and the cops would have let them get away with it because they were Dallas Cowboys. Then he said, "And then there's Rafael Septien, who managed to commit the ONE crime nobody can forgive when he got involved with a minor."

Trump has run a criminal enterprise, no doubt. Hell, Nixon's big crime was he was a lawyer who tried to cover it up and knew doing so was criminal. While he was shady, I can find SOME redeeming qualities in Nixon. Not so with Der Fuhrer.

JDCrimson

All-American
Feb 12, 2006
I wonder how the country would be dealing with this situation had it not endured Nixon to begin with? Personally, I think things would be much worse on our government checks and balances. I dont know if the machinery would be in place to deal with Trump even less so than now.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder how the country would be dealing with this situation had it not endured Nixon to begin with? Personally, I think things would be much worse on our government checks and balances. I dont know if the machinery would be in place to deal with Trump even less so than now.
IDK. The senate in place back then was so different. I have no doubt it would have removed Trump. Conversely, I think today's senate, the Republicans, I mean, would have not removed Nixon. In fact, I can't see many past senates having put up with Trump. This manic tear he's on now, trying to hollow out Budget and other federal agencies, in contravention of the Civil Service laws would not have been put up with...

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and UAH

Padreruf

All-American
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Seems to me that DJT is showing his full manic predisposition...not to mention his illusory perception of reality. I just hope he keeps it up long enough to thoroughly discredit himself with the GOP and prevent any future political ventures. I am sure that he is already thinking about 2024 -- when I'm putting my GOP cards on Nickie Haley. The thought of this deranged person being in office again really, really scares me. And I do not scare easily. I just hope those around him can somehow limit the damage he does between now and 1/20/21.