Question: What's on your game menu for September 10, 2011, UA vs. Penn State?

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Will be in Meridian, MS this weekend to see my grandson play football...he's 8, his first game, and it's a big deal to him, so I won't miss it. Probably will take him to Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards to watch the UA/Penn State game and eat. No serious cooking for me but with this little cool snap I'm craving so therefore contemplating making a couple of apple pies to take to my family in Meridian.

Surely some Tidefans are tailgating this weekend in PA....what's on your menu?

If you are watching from the best seats in the house, what are you cooking for gametime?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Last week I was going to Flame Grill a couple of Steaks with baked Potatoes, and at the last minute my wife persuaded me to change to a 'Low Country Boil'. It was delicious.

I can't attend the game this week, so I'm going to cook in the back yard.
Menu: I've got Steaks and Potatoes with a salad for Game Day (PSU Game)
I've got to make another salad.
Alternate Menu will be to Smoke a couple of racks of Spare Ribs on the UDS, and fix a Potato Salad and Western Baked Beans. (Weather permitting)
(I've nearly always got a back-up menu)

Ribs won out... RTR.
Steaks will have to wait...

Last edited:

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
There is a wedding planned, a family member (aub fans). So no one to cook for really, since everyone is going to that event EXCEPT ME.
I am never amazed at what our families to do us Tide fans during ball season. I've learned to send out a mass e-mail that says something like this: If you wish to plan a family reunion or wedding or anniversary celebration during ball season know ahead of time I ain't helping and I ain't gonna be there. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Being the generous person that I am, I have learned to adapt to the occasional hospitalization or funeral if necessary, but not without some indignation. :rolleye2:

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL
Anyone have any ideas about any foods local to the State College area or any local favorites at Penn State tailgates? I'm always down for new things and recipes.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Baby Backs
Grilled corn
Grilled pineapple
Potato salad
Baked beans

Hope to have it done before Auburn kick and graze on that all day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.