What’s the state of Georgia’s defense (2021 version)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Once again we hear at how unstoppable Georgia’s defense is, once again we hear how Bennett is a capable quarterback, and once again we have loads of Bama fans on here totally buy into it hook line and sinker. More importantly once again Bama dominated another mentally weak Georgia team that was feasting off of cupcakes. Really who the heck did they beat. I’ve said it ALL YEAR that I hope we play Georgia just like I did last year. They haven’t seen a real quarterback the entire year. Well THEY JUST DID!!!

And BoB called mostly a great game.

So the moral of the story is stop buying Georgia’s undo greatness and stop selling the Process short. Roll Tide, Happy Holidays, and see y’all in Dallas

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Once again we hear at how unstoppable Georgia’s defense is, once again we hear how Bennett is a capable quarterback, and once again we have loads of Bama fans on here totally buy into it hook line and sinker. More importantly once again Bama dominated another mentally weak Georgia team that was feasting off of cupcakes. Really who the heck did they beat. I’ve said it ALL YEAR that I hope we play Georgia just like I did last year. They haven’t seen a real quarterback the entire year. Well THEY JUST DID!!!

So the moral of the story is stop buying Georgia’s undo greatness and stop selling the Process short. Roll Tide, Happy Holidays, and see y’all in Dallas
I have had to hear all damn year how uga could beat us with their 3rd string QB and did not need to score 40+. How do you like me now!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Just a reminder that you weren’t dreaming the fact that the Greatest Defense of the Century and Last Century gave up 536 yards to a Mickey Mouse offensive line. And 536 was Mercy. That was real.

Kirby still has nightmares of trying to stop Johnny Manziel, Deshaun Watson, and now Bryce Young.

This may be one of the sweetest victory since 2017 NCG because everyone doubted us to include many of our fans. Roll Tide Roll onto 19.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

We have to give BoB credit...he did call a great game. No one calls a perfect game...or plays a perfect game. Bob had figured out UGA's weaknesses and played them well.

Also, amazing how BoB's play calls looked so much better when the OL played their best game.

I guess I owe them an apology...but so do a lot of us.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
lucky for me, i invested heavily in crow futures last week. a lot should be served tonight and tomorrow.
It's so funny to me that you, Jon, and 2003 Tide and Costanza (DzynKingRTR, who really is an architect) were all on my mind this week with whatever the fallout of the game might be. The one scenario I didn't think possible happened.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We have to give BoB credit...he did call a great game.
No, he called about 1/2 of a great game.

I refuse to go overboard with this.

I WILL give him credit that he decided "running into the line on second down is as predictable as a bathroom visit after tacos", but it only took him an entire season and probably was more Saban than he anyway. Plus, BoB knew that any kind of win by any margin today would likely net him a huge pay increase and a head coaching job elsewhere.

He was coaching for more millions yesterday and may have gotten it.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
It's so funny to me that you, Jon, and 2003 Tide and Costanza (DzynKingRTR, who really is an architect) were all on my mind this week with whatever the fallout of the game might be. The one scenario I didn't think possible happened.
No matter who you thought would win (I was BAMA all the way), few of us did. They are lucky that Metchie unfortunately got hurt. Could have gotten to 50.

Reactions: Con

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001

I WILL give him credit that he decided "running into the line on second down is as predictable as a bathroom visit after tacos", but it only took him an entire season and probably was more Saban than he anyway. Plus, BoB knew that any kind of win by any margin today would likely net him a huge pay increase and a head coaching job elsewhere.

You are the ultimate cynic, aren't you? After we got the big lead UGA changed their defense and it took us a couple of possessions to adapt. BY had obviously been told not to turn the ball over, no matter what. No iffy throws...

When we needed to keep the ball we ran over 5 minutes off the clock...with a different attack. I doubt he was thinking about future money...but about what he could do to help us win.

Sorry, but I'm not buying your narrative...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Bill O'Brien is a lot like Snitker. The team succeeds despite him.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Living in Georgia, we don’t have to listen to it for awhile, nor do we have to say anything......... the critics are silent

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i have to admit, i expected us to win, but i thought they would put up a little more of a fight this year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You are the ultimate cynic, aren't you? After we got the big lead UGA changed their defense and it took us a couple of possessions to adapt. BY had obviously been told not to turn the ball over, no matter what. No iffy throws...

When we needed to keep the ball we ran over 5 minutes off the clock...with a different attack. I doubt he was thinking about future money...but about what he could do to help us win.

we also had to deal with adjusting to not having metchie in the 2nd half.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Respectfully Padre,

1) 4 plays, 23 yards, 1:03
2) 5 plays, 22 yards 1:44
2) 3 plays, 9 yards, 1:28

12 plays, 54 yards, 2:15 of clock

That's three drives. Oh and 15 of those yards were due to pass interference. You can take more time off the clock on any of those drives with fewer plays by simply running into the line.

That actual plays called and game stats are not anyone's narrative. Fact is when we needed the guy to burn clock, it took him four chances to start actually doing it.

Our defense scored more points during those 3 possessions than the offense did.

Ultimate cynic, no. I'm willing to give him credit for a better called game AND for better O-line production. Of course, it's absolutely fair of me to ask, "If we had this then why haven't I seen it all year long?"

That's all.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I came here to post something similar.
Last night I started thinking about our TF posters living in GA also.
Hope you all really enjoy your Monday at the office

• Love
Reactions: 92tide and The Ols

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have been pretty quiet all week at work. Most of my co-workers are Tech grads, but they have been giving me a hard time all week. "Bama is not as good as usual" or "Young is not that good" or "uga is light years better" or "the game will not be close and uga will win in a blow-out". The one thing I said before I left on Friday was it will be funny when Bama wins by 20.

Reactions: UAH and 92tide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Respectfully Padre,

1) 4 plays, 23 yards, 1:03
2) 5 plays, 22 yards 1:44
2) 3 plays, 9 yards, 1:28

12 plays, 54 yards, 2:15 of clock

That's three drives. Oh and 15 of those yards were due to pass interference. You can take more time off the clock on any of those drives with fewer plays by simply running into the line.

That actual plays called and game stats are not anyone's narrative. Fact is when we needed the guy to burn clock, it took him four chances to start actually doing it.

Our defense scored more points during those 3 possessions than the offense did.

Ultimate cynic, no. I'm willing to give him credit for a better called game AND for better O-line production. Of course, it's absolutely fair of me to ask, "If we had this then why haven't I seen it all year long?"

That's all.
The youth, i.e., inexperience and injuries on the OL held us back...seems like we have those sorted out. Enjoy the ride...the next game I coach as an OC above Peewee football will be my first.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.