What’s your dream playoff scenario?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
After the SECCG there is going to be only be about 12 hours to debate this. Let’s face it, we are in.

But mine is: #1 Bama, #2 Clemson, #3 Ohio St, #4 Notre Dame

so that sets up

Game 1: Rose Bowl
Clemson vs Ohio St

Game 2: Sugar
Bama vs ND

I just want another epic win over ND so I’m willing to see aTm go to the cotton or peach instead of the playoffs. I don’t care who wins the shootout between Ohio St and Clemson as long as it is a draining game. Both deserve to be paid back but I really don’t care who.

Win the National Championship as 13-0 and start the GOAT chant with a near clean sweep of the individual awards as well.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Anything that does not include Ohio State and has Bama in(obviously). OSU has not played enough games, IMO, to be considered. Even with a conference championship game, which is only happening because their league “opted out” of rules to make it easier to navigate a ludicrous season.

14ennessee

1st Team
Oct 24, 2020
Knock OSU out in the semifinal, then skulldrag Clemson for the natty. Would love to avenge the 2014 loss to the Buckeyes and show the world they didnt belong in the playoff. And after that avenge the national championship blowout against Clemson by returning the favor and boat racing them.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
ND beats Clemson again in the ACC championship. ND is in, Clemson is out. OSU wets the bed against Northwestern so BIG is out. aTm beats Tennessee so they're obviously in. Committee scrambles to find a fourth. They decide this is the year to punch the ticket for a lower tier school, so Cincinnati is in. The line-up:
Alabama
ND
aTm
Cincinnati

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ND beats Clemson again in the ACC championship. ND is in, Clemson is out. OSU wets the bed against Northwestern so BIG is out. aTm beats Tennessee so they're obviously in. Committee scrambles to find a fourth. They decide this is the year to punch the ticket for a lower tier school, so Cincinnati is in. The line-up:
Alabama
ND
aTm
Cincinnati
That would be very cool

Reactions: UAllday

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
In theory here's what I want to have happen.
Notre Dame beats Clemson
Northwestern beats Ohio State
Alabama beats Florida

That would mean
#1 Alabama
#2 Notre Dame
#3 Texas A&M
#?

I really have no idea who is #4 under that scenario. In theory that scenario could even backfire by putting Clemson in that spot. If I could just will something into happening, Cincy would sneak in and Alabama would get to murder them like Florida did in 2009. That should then earn the Group of 5 another decade of irrelevance.

Since the committee has broken with their previous criteria by ranking a relatively untested Ohio State so high, I really have no idea what they would potentially do. More realistically though, if Ohio State or Clemson lose that puts A&M in, and I'd be pretty happy with that first round match-up.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
In theory here's what I want to have happen.
Notre Dame beats Clemson
Northwestern beats Ohio State
Alabama beats Florida

That would mean
#1 Alabama
#2 Notre Dame
#3 Texas A&M
#?

I really have no idea who is #4 under that scenario. In theory that scenario could even backfire by putting Clemson in that spot. If I could just will something into happening, Cincy would sneak in and Alabama would get to murder them like Florida did in 2009. That should then earn the Group of 5 another decade of irrelevance.

Since the committee has broken with their previous criteria by ranking a relatively untested Ohio State so high, I really have no idea what they would potentially do. More realistically though, if Ohio State or Clemson lose that puts A&M in, and I'd be pretty happy with that first round match-up.
Iowa State or Cincinnati?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It is going to be interesting to watch this committee next Sunday. After all the games are played, and the decision is in their hands, what direction are they going. Will they focus on getting what the think* are the best four teams or the best four most deserving teams?

Even if by some miracle Florida upsets Bama next Saturday, they are in. Alabama will have played everyone in their conference with exception of arguably the two weakest out the East (Vandy and USCe).

I think that is my biggest issue with tOSU. Do I think they are one of the “best four”? Probably, but playing only six games versus teams being considered that have played 10 or more? Are they deserving? Playing games as a body of work has to mean something.

Then you have a team like Cincy that hasn’t played a game in almost a month when the play Tulsa next week and Tulsa will be first ranked (24) they’ve played. Or TAMU, assuming they beat UT next week, finish 9-1 and having played a taxing schedule. But they lost to Bama by 28 earlier in the year. Say Clemson loses in a second close game to ND? Is a one loss TAMU that got throttled by Bama “more deserving” than a two loss Clemson that lost two close games to an undefeated ND? I have no idea.

If I’m sitting on that committee, I know what I hope for; Bama whips Florida, Clemson wins close over ND, and tOSU wins in such a manner over Northwestern that it leaves little doubt they are “deserving” to be there, leaving:

1)Bama
2)Clemson
3)ND
4)tOSU

Next Saturday and Sunday is going to be fun. It could be “chalk” and it could be chaos”. 😂😂😂

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is going to be interesting to watch this committee next Sunday. After all the games are played, and the decision is in their hands, what direction are they going. Will they focus on getting what the think* are the best four teams or the best four most deserving teams?

Even if by some miracle Florida upsets Bama next Saturday, they are in. Alabama will have played everyone in their conference with exception of arguably the two weakest out the East (Vandy and USCe).

I think that is my biggest issue with tOSU. Do I think they are one of the “best four”? Probably, but playing only six games versus teams being considered that have played 10 or more? Are they deserving? Playing games as a body of work has to mean something.

Then you have a team like Cincy that hasn’t played a game in almost a month when the play Tulsa next week and Tulsa will be first ranked (24) they’ve played. Or TAMU, assuming they beat UT next week, finish 9-1 and having played a taxing schedule. But they lost to Bama by 28 earlier in the year. Say Clemson loses in a second close game to ND? Is a one loss TAMU that got throttled by Bama “more deserving” than a two loss Clemson that lost two close games to an undefeated ND? I have no idea.

If I’m sitting on that committee, I know what I hope for; Bama whips Florida, Clemson wins close over ND, and tOSU wins in such a manner over Northwestern that it leaves little doubt they are “deserving” to be there, leaving:

1)Bama
2)Clemson
3)ND
4)tOSU

Next Saturday and Sunday is going to be fun. It could be “chalk” and it could be chaos”. 😂😂😂
A note about Cincy - they have really only missed their game with Temple. The Tulsa game has twice been postponed, but they will finally play in the conference championship game on Saturday. So, at least they will have played 9 games and only missed one opponent on their schedule - same as Texas A&M.

Reactions: jashleyren2 and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
A note about Cincy - they have really only missed their game with Temple. The Tulsa game has twice been postponed, but they will finally play in the conference championship game on Saturday. So, at least they will have played 9 games and only missed one opponent on their schedule - same as Texas A&M.
And that would be a reason as a committee member I wouldn’t want to reach a point where I have to consider TAMU or Cincy into the mix. Heck, even if you put tOSU in after a win over Northwestern, you will still have many questioning whether they are deserving.

I love my position next Saturday...sitting my living room feeling Bama is in regardless. Let the chips fall where they may.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
My dream playoff is that we are still ranked 1st, we beat Notre Dame by more than we did last time we played them, then we beat Clemson with a healthy Trevor Lawrence and defense. Jaylen Waddle comes back for the championship game vs Clemson after the team/Saban keep it quiet that he has been practicing. Waddle or Devonte wins the game for Bama with a TD pass from Mac Jones (his 4th of the game) and Jones gets drafted in the 1st round like Devonte and Waddle will. RTR

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Iowa State or Cincinnati?
I almost listed Iowa State specifically, but...
Honestly, it's hard to imagine Iowa State ending up ahead of a two loss Clemson if they are putting the two loss team in there.

Ultimately the committee will do what they want, wins and losses matter when they want them to matter, so who knows?

Reactions: CB4

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.