What’s your dream playoff scenario?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Historically the committee has put the 4 teams in that they think are the best. The Data can be viewed in a hundred ways so they always have cover. As much as I think it's unfair to have to face a buckeye team that's fresh as the new fallen snow after we just ran a gauntlet of 11 SEC games.

Reactions: BamaInBham

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Honestly I’d rather play CLeMsOn in the semis. We get more time to prepare for them, and frankly I don’t want Dabo to be anywhere near the title game again. He simply doesn’t deserve it.

Edit: apparently my iPad autocorrected it to “CLeMsOn“ lol
My issue is that with the exception of Ohio St in 2014, no one has had much success after playing the harder game in the semis. LSU is the only #1 seed to really get rewarded for being the #1 seed.

Reactions: The Ols

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My issue is that with the exception of Ohio St in 2014, no one has had much success after playing the harder game in the semis. LSU is the only #1 seed to really get rewarded for being the #1 seed.
JMO, but there really isn't an easy win in the top 4 now. ND might be easier - maybe. We cannot be sure. Their o-line is legit, and they have a balanced offense and a QB who can make plays out of the pocket. They also have a defense that is on par with Alabama's. Alabama wins, but it would be a tough game for 2-3 quarters.

The only way that an easy win materializes - ND wins and aTm slips into the CFP. Alabama would take aTm apart.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
JMO, but there really isn't an easy win in the top 4 now. ND might be easier - maybe. We cannot be sure. Their o-line is legit, and they have a balanced offense and a QB who can make plays out of the pocket. They also have a defense that is on par with Alabama's. Alabama wins, but it would be a tough game for 2-3 quarters.

The only way that an easy win materializes - ND wins and aTm slips into the CFP. Alabama would take aTm apart.
I just don’t trust ND. They are better than they were in 2012 and 2018, but watching them really hasn’t got me worried. They had a baseball score against Louisville for crying out loud.

I think it’s pretty apparent that ND is the Real 4th best team in the top 4 and if Lawrence played that Clemson probably is knocking them out of the playoffs this weekend. Maybe it’s not a squash match but it’s not going to be a never ending fight like the Rose Bowl is probably going to be.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just don’t trust ND. They are better than they were in 2012 and 2018, but watching them really hasn’t got me worried. They had a baseball score against Louisville for crying out loud.

I think it’s pretty apparent that ND is the Real 4th best team in the top 4 and if Lawrence played that Clemson probably is knocking them out of the playoffs this weekend. Maybe it’s not a squash match but it’s not going to be a never ending fight like the Rose Bowl is probably going to be.
I meant that they are not an easy out. You have to prepare for them fully, and you have to play well to win. They will be a physical and mental test for any team.

Reactions: BamaInBham

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I meant that they are not an easy out. You have to prepare for them fully, and you have to play well to win. They will be a physical and mental test for any team.
Im not saying they are Arkansas, but they certainly aren’t Georgia either.

My point is, in matchups that everyone can call as blowouts like (Oregon vs FSU, Bama vs Michigan St, Ohio St vs Clemson 1, Bama vs Clemson III, Clemson vs ND, and LSU vs Oklahoma) those teams usually win the national championship game over those who have the 12 round fight. The one exception is Ohio St 2014.

Notre Dame is not going to give Bama a real scare should they play. They may keep it competitive for a while but they aren’t winning or coming close. Clemson and Ohio St are probably the only teams in the country with a shot. But it’s better to only have to play only one over both back to back.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
And that would be a reason as a committee member I wouldn’t want to reach a point where I have to consider TAMU or Cincy into the mix. Heck, even if you put tOSU in after a win over Northwestern, you will still have many questioning whether they are deserving.

I love my position next Saturday...sitting my living room feeling Bama is in regardless. Let the chips fall where they may.
I agree Bama beats UF like a rented mule and bring on anyone, Bama will roll them like a hooker rolls a drunk. I see no team as complete as ours, or with enough play makers to beat us. We will score 35-40 on anyone and I do not see anyone out scoring us right now. Now anything can happen, but this team has been so consistent this year it is scary. I feel Saban and the team knows this would be number 7 for Nick and they are going to make sure the two winningest coach's as far as National Titles go, will be Bama coach's. Nick-7 Bear-6 now that will look so good in the record books.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
My guess is that Clemson beats Notre Dame by 10-14 points and Notre Dame ends up at number 4. Clemson beats Ohio State and Alabama curb stomps Clemson and their weak secondary.

Reactions: B1GTide

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I'm not predicting it, but I would sure love to see Northwestern beat O$U in the B1G Championship. Then what would the committee do? They would have a 7-1 B1G Champion, but they had them #14 in the last ranking. Can they vault them 10 spots, or do they keep O$U in the mix? If Alabama beats Florida by two touchdowns or more, that would reflect poorly on A&M to me, and I don't think the committee wants the Aggies anyway.

I guess my dream scenario though, is for ND or Clemson to eliminate one or the other. A ND win over a healthy Clemson team eliminates the Fightin' Dabos, and a decisive Clemson win negates the earlier loss and eliminates ND. Northwestern shuts down O$U and exposes them for their lack of competition, and the committee has to scramble. My preference:

1. Alabama
2. ND or Clemson
3. Cincinnati
4. Northwestern

Bama makes short work of NW, ND/CU dispatches the Bearcats, and on 1/11/21, Bama raises the 18th trophy and Coach Saban's 7th.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Aside from letting all of these whiny smaller programs into the field of 8, decided by all conference champs only, and no at large or auto-bids, for this year, I'll take:

Bama vs Cincy in the Sugar. Tide wins by 50.
Clemson vs. Ohio State in the Rose. Clemson wins by 13.

Finally, Alabama vs Clemson, and this time it counts. Tide wins by 14. #18 is booked. Maybe get some new commemorative Coca Cola glass bottles out of the deal too!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Aside from letting all of these whiny smaller programs into the field of 8, decided by all conference champs only, and no at large or auto-bids, for this year, I'll take:

Bama vs Cincy in the Sugar. Tide wins by 50.
Clemson vs. Ohio State in the Rose. Clemson wins by 13.

Finally, Alabama vs Clemson, and this time it counts. Tide wins by 14. #18 is booked. Maybe get some new commemorative Coca Cola glass bottles out of the deal too!
No way Cincy makes it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.