Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump close (less than 30 EC) and Democrats take both houses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If you’ll go back to the impeachment thread I made the following predictions. I see no reason to change them.

PREDICTION ON 9/25/19
House? Impeaches in a mostly party line vote (might be some Rs in toss-up districts that vote for it)
Senate? Acquits in a mostly party line vote
2020? Dems keep the House, win the White House, win the Senate

Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Speaking of the impeachment, I think the Dems were obliged to do it and I also think making all that info better known by the public really damaged Trump’s chances of getting re-elected.
I think they were 100% justified in doing it, and his behind should have been thrown overboard.

If the President of the US is asking a foreign country to interfere in an election to help him win by digging up dirt on his opponents, that is the very definition of an impeachable offense - whether one is an originalist, a textualist, or a "the Constitution is a living document" advocate.

The fact he pulled this less than 24 hours after Mueller testified goes back to his blind arrogance.

Btw - let's just say (for the sake of argument) that this was just rough and tumble politics, and the Democrats took advantage. It's his fault for doing something stupid in the first place. You have to assume that your opponent is the Auburn secondary and is going to do every sleazy thing possible to prevent your success and hope the officials (in this parallel, the feds or law enforcement) don't call them out for anything.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
if the dems. sweep the house, senate, and presidency do you/ya'll think there would be a serious move to do away with the electoral college. and please don't anyone use any big words in their reply that i have to google... i'm stressed enough.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
if the dems. sweep the house, senate, and presidency do you/ya'll think there would be a serious move to do away with the electoral college. and please don't anyone use any big words in their reply that i have to google... i'm stressed enough.
Probably not...would take a constitutional amendment if I'm not mistaken.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Don't think so. The odds of getting a constitutional amendment ratified in today's climate are beyond long. Much better to focus on COVID relief and tax & judicial reform.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the only realistic way to get rid of it is if the interstate compact to reach 270 EC votes. They are close but I don’t know if they will get over the threshold.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Probably not...would take a constitutional amendment if I'm not mistaken.
Yes and no - the states can decide to cast their electoral votes however they wish. If all of the states agree to cast their votes for the winner of the popular vote, the same result is realized without an amendment. It wouldn't even require that all of the states agree - just enough to cover 270 EC votes.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.