Poll: When do Oklahoma and Texas actually join the SEC?

OU and UT join the __ football season

• Total voters

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We will be playing them next year. You have 8 members of a failed conference scrambling to find a home and that is going to happen sooner rather than later. I expect the Big 12 to be a big melt before Thanksgiving paving the way for ease of entrance for Boomer & Tex to get their arses handed to them week in and week out.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It seems to me the relationships are strained well past the breaking point. You just can't lob the grenades Bowlsby has lobbed and expect that it's going to go the way you want it.

They will go to court. They will settle for far less than 75 mill per team. The Big 12 now 8 will disintegrate into the AAC, MWC, or CUSA.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think Bowlsby will realize the Texlahoma ship has sailed and start in on finding replacements. A deal will be worked out and dominos will fall quickly.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that the Big 12 will negotiate down to 2 years if they find a solution which allows them to survive. Honestly, I have no idea what that will take, because they do not have a market without OU and TX.

If the Big 12 cannot find a path forward, they likely drag this out as long as possible.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The PAC, B1G and ACC are not going to sit and wait for three years. It is known that West Virginia covets the ACC, for example. Already things are happening behind the scenes. We know they Must BE covering their bases -- and watching their backs. As soon as one domino falls the landslide will follow quickly.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think that the Big 12 will negotiate down to 2 years if they find a solution which allows them to survive. Honestly, I have no idea what that will take, because they do not have a market without OU and TX.

If the Big 12 cannot find a path forward, they likely drag this out as long as possible.
That would be delaying the inevitable. They need to be finding homes. There is no saving the Big 12 this time.

Kansas or Iowa State might be able to get lucky and get included with some kind of Big Ten expansion.

West Virginia with the ACC.

But the rest need to move on. I would be stunned if any of them are invited anywhere beyond the AAC.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
On the Oklahoma City news channels this morning, there are members of the Oklahoma legislature hammering OU for abandoning our little brother, suggesting there may be legislation ahead to try to stop the move. We will see.
Legislatures will do what legislatures do, yes. But Oklahoma is 90-18-7 vs. Ok State all time. I think we've had long enough to determine that these 2 do not belong in the same division.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
On the Oklahoma City news channels this morning, there are members of the Oklahoma legislature hammering OU for abandoning our little brother, suggesting there may be legislation ahead to try to stop the move. We will see.
That will get shot down by the courts. Making OU quit the SEC will limit OU players NIL a great deal

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Yeah and Bowlsby doesn’t seem like a guy that can let it go.

Also consider that the SEC has a huge challenge with agreeing on scheduling. We can come up with all the soccer groups we want but the truth is that some rivalry and/or some team with considerable power is going to whine about getting the short end of the stick in their schedule. Conservatively I say 2023

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Yes...the best money they are going to see for a long time is wrapped up with OU and UT. I do feel a bit sorry for the teams left behind...their programs are going to suffer.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I would bet $20 that the first couple of years in the SEC, Okkie and Texas get a bye week prior to playing Bama, and we don't. You heard it here first!!!
You may be right, but would you mind explaining why you'd think that?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.