When Saban retires - how will it go down?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
No thanks. Been a fan since the late 70's. Still a fan. My understanding is that you are not even an Alabama fan. Funny you ripping me. I would expect it from other Bama fans.
As we continue to tell the few rampaging eeyores on this board, Big is a verified BamaBuckeye fan that is passionate about both and has attended Tidefans.com functions. If he is personally calling your fandom in question then it is because you said something over the top. Point is the “you aren’t an Alabama fan, so how dare you rip me” strategy isn’t a smart one if you are displaying eeyore like behavior.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think it’s funny there are a few posters here that sounds a lot like Goodman in bashing Saban and the dynasty.... hmmm makes you think 🤔
I guess there are just a few that realize Bama was just a few breaks away from playing for a title. one Or two less injuries, a couple of blown coverages, a couple of bad ref callS, a dropped pass Or two. Several unforced mental errors. Just take one of those away and they are in the playoffs, but all together and it was too much to overcome! I just posted a link to an article that Orgeron said Bama was the best team LSU played, and they played 3 other teams ranked ahead of Bama!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
When someone doesn't post something you like, you claim they are an Auburn fan? Bama won 5 titles in 9 years. I would say that is a clear dynasty. No other team has come close to that in my lifetime. I am fairly confident no team, including Bama, will do that again anytime soon. Doesn't make me a Barner. Love when fellow fans rip fellow fans of the same school.
Not sure if you follow football closely or not, but Clemson's right up on that now...They'd have to have a couple of great games in the next few weeks to get another, but if they do that'd be 3 in 4 years, a feat we only accomplished once. They would still have a huge mountain to climb, but the ACC makes that mountain so much easier than the SEC.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Your understanding would be incorrect.
Yes. I probably should have just kept my mouth shut and not responded. I don't know anything about him. I only found this board within the last 6 months. I normally followed 247 sport BOL because I love to watch Bama recruiting. I took offense to people ripping me for my original post, which I thought was pretty harmless. My main point was always just that we should all be happy with 5 titles in 9 years. Not sure how it came across to everyone so much differently.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Yet you said you were happy for the dynasty to be over. A dyed in the wool Tide fan wouldn’t say that, even at the completion of a “down” (10-2) season, and with so many awesome new recruits having been signed just recently— The Tide isn’t going anywhere.

To conclude: moooooo
I don't understand how what I said has been so misconstrued. I am happy with 5 titles in 9 years. Not sure how having said that equates to me being happy the dynasty is over. Not what I said or meant. I found both losses crushing this year. I apologize if I offended anyone in my original post or anything following when I felt like I was being ripped by everyone.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Not sure if you follow football closely or not, but Clemson's right up on that now...They'd have to have a couple of great games in the next few weeks to get another, but if they do that'd be 3 in 4 years, a feat we only accomplished once. They would still have a huge mountain to climb, but the ACC makes that mountain so much easier than the SEC.
I follow football quite a bit. Too much if you ask my wife. I live in Greenville, which is about 45 minutes from Clemson. All I see around here is Clemson orange. It is all people talk about around here. I am well aware they could win their 3rd title. I hope they don't. They most definitely have it easier than any other major program being in the ACC.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't understand how what I said has been so misconstrued. I am happy with 5 titles in 9 years. Not sure how having said that equates to me being happy the dynasty is over. Not what I said or meant. I found both losses crushing this year. I apologize if I offended anyone in my original post or anything following when I felt like I was being ripped by everyone.
Sometimes it’s not what you say it’s how you say it and your response to someone calling you out on what they perceived as over the top. In your case it’s more that you are agreeing with an obvious AL.com troll without elaborating about of why you are agreeing with it. It’s not as simple as saying “the dynasty is over” that many take issue with it’s the reason why Goodman lists of why the dynasty is over that we take issue with. So simply saying he is right is going to generate a swift response. Basically if you are going to say something negative it’s best to elaborate or else you are going to get the treatment that is given to the King of the Eeyores.

Reactions: OSUTideFan and Con

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Sometimes it’s not what you say it’s how you say it and your response to someone calling you out on what they perceived as over the top. In your case it’s more that you are agreeing with an obvious AL.com troll without elaborating about of why you are agreeing with it. It’s not as simple as saying “the dynasty is over” that many take issue with it’s the reason why Goodman lists of why the dynasty is over that we take issue with. So simply saying he is right is going to generate a swift response. Basically if you are going to say something negative it’s best to elaborate or else you are going to get the treatment that is given to the King of the Eeyores.
Understandable and I again apologize for my response to everyone.

Reactions: B1GTide

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
No worries man. In competitive sports, teams always aim for the championship and learn to never settle for less, or to accept a lower ranked status quo. To do so would simply be anticompetitive in its very essence. It’s always about the next game, the next win, the next title. The hunt never ends.

Have a happy new year and Roll Tide Roll 2020 onward! Cheers.

Reactions: jjv0004

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
My Clemson co-worker will tell you they are 2 wins away from being 1/2 way to 4 Championships in 4 years. According to him, Trevor Lawrence is going 56-0 as a starter and winning 4 National Titles along with a couple of Heisman's during his career. Then, he will be the next Tom Brady in the NFL, and breaks his record for Super Bowl wins by a QB.

He truly believes Clemson will not lose a game until Lawrence leaves AND Dabo will go down as the greatest College coach of all time surpassing Paterno's 407 wins while winning at least 15 National Titles. I am not sure what the heck he is smoking but, it has got to be the good stuff! I personally think he will need the good stuff when OSU beats Clemson in 2 days.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My Clemson co-worker will tell you they are 2 wins away from being 1/2 way to 4 Championships in 4 years. According to him, Trevor Lawrence is going 56-0 as a starter and winning 4 National Titles along with a couple of Heisman's during his career. Then, he will be the next Tom Brady in the NFL, and breaks his record for Super Bowl wins by a QB.

He truly believes Clemson will not lose a game until Lawrence leaves AND Dabo will go down as the greatest College coach of all time surpassing Paterno's 407 wins while winning at least 15 National Titles. I am not sure what the heck he is smoking but, it has got to be the good stuff! I personally think he will need the good stuff when OSU beats Clemson in 2 days.
Clemson's rise coincides with South Carolina and Florida State's fall. If they ever have to compete with a rival then they will be back to hoping to get to the playoffs instead of expecting it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Clemson's rise coincides with South Carolina and Florida State's fall. If they ever have to compete with a rival then they will be back to hoping to get to the playoffs instead of expecting it.
Correct. I am old enough to remember Dabo never being able to beat Steve Spurrier.

However, I’m not sure when the revival of South Carolina or FSU is supposed to happen. Maybe with this new coach, something will get started with the Seminoles. And then there is the problem with the rest of the ACC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Correct. I am old enough to remember Dabo never being able to beat Steve Spurrier.

However, I’m not sure when the revival of South Carolina or FSU is supposed to happen. Maybe with this new coach, something will get started with the Seminoles. And then there is the problem with the rest of the ACC.
The history of the modern ACC 2004-present really could be defined as big checks that couldn't clear the bank. On paper it looked like the ACC was going to rival the SEC and Big 10 with the additions of Virginia Tech and Miami, but Miami hasn't done their end of the deal, and Virginia Tech never emerged as that team that could consistently could hang with FSU and Clemson. I think Clemson and FSU really have been the only consistent programs from 2004 to until recently. Most of the other division has been the flavor of the year going against FSU and Clemson. FSU tanking has made Clemson being unbeatable in the first 13 games of the season.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Sounds good in theory, but football is not theoretical. If we were going on talent alone then I do not think Alabama has 3 losses in 2010. I do not think tOSU should ever lose to the boilermakers. The football is an oddly shapes ball and sometimes it takes some funny bounces.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Sounds good in theory, but football is not theoretical. If we were going on talent alone then I do not think Alabama has 3 losses in 2010. I do not think tOSU should ever lose to the boilermakers. The football is an oddly shapes ball and sometimes it takes some funny bounces.
I just can’t wait for the bounce to go against them. He is trying to tell me when they win this year, they will without a doubt, be the team of the decade. I asked what he was drinking and then tried to tell me they basically have an NFL roster and could beat 5 or 6 NFL teams. I really hope Ohio St takes them out behind the woodshed and stomps them!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.