When things get back to ‘normal’, what changes for your game day?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
What do you anticipate will change for YOUR game day experience, once we’re allowed to resume normalcy? Go to more games? Fewer games? Lose interest? Gain interest? What do you anticipate?

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
What do you anticipate will change for YOUR game day experience, once we’re allowed to resume normalcy? Go to more games? Fewer games? Lose interest? Gain interest? What do you anticipate?
Since you asked...first let me preference my comments with a disclaimer: The comments I’m about to make are in no way an indictment on anyone here who plans to continue watching college football. I have come to respect each and every one of you and do not want to be divisive in any way. Please respect my viewpoint even if you disagree with it (just as I respect your viewpoint).

I will not be watching any organized sports from here on. This is not a flippant decision. It is a decision I have come to over the past couple of years. If you could have witnessed me through the years you would not find anyone more zealous than me concerning college football and Alabama Football in particular. I could go on and explain the reasons why but my goal here is not to stir up people or cause controversy. Thanks for listening and enjoy the season.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My attendance at BDS is likely to be dropped completely down to just meeting if we have a Tidefans gathering. I'm getting older, it's a long drive from Dallas, and after accomplishing my goal of going to all 50 states prior to age 50 (my God, if I hadn't gone last year, it may not have happened with Covid)....I'm trying to sock away as much money as possible in case I live too long. So it's possible I will go the "one game per year" route unless they play here in Dallas.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My intake of sports entertainment overall has been getting less and less over the last few years. A lot of that has to do with my own kids' involvement in sports and I think some of it has to do with just getting older and my "tastes" changing.

I will DEFINITELY still watch Alabama football as passionately as I always have. But my intake of college football will go down drastically. As mentioned above, my intake of it had already started getting less and less over the last few years. My Saturday's had already started somewhat changing in how I planned them and spent the day. With COVID19 doing what it has done to my routine from March until September 2020. It has given me the opportunity to discover I like doing a lot of other things that aren't tv related. I think I've become more productive in areas of my life that are more important than sports entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy sports entertainment, but my appetite for it simply isn't what it used to be five to ten years ago.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I had planned on doing that this year before all the crapstorm and stuff. Oh well, there is always next year or the next or whenever we get to some semblance of normal.
I'm willing to bet the 2021 LSU game will be on November 6th. And the Vols game will PROBABLY be October 23rd.

The other home games?
USM
N Mexico St (11/13)
Mercer
Arky
Ole Miss

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I don't see making any changes. Right back to grillin and chillin with the madness of 2020 in the rearview
As a retiree, I seldom attend games any more. Now that ticket prices are going to sky rocket, I have added incentive to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.
I'll BBQ, and have the best seat in the house.
Mere steps to the kitchen, a few more steps to the Rest Room.
Did I mention that my recliner is extra big, extra wide, and with a table on both sides. :giggle:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
As a retiree, I seldom attend games any more. Now that ticket prices are going to sky rocket, I have added incentive to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.
I'll BBQ, and have the best seat in the house.
Mere steps to the kitchen, a few more steps to the Rest Room.
Did I mention that my recliner is extra big, extra wide, and with a table on both sides. :giggle:
BBQ'n makes almost anything you watch better! LOL!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
As some of you on here know, the events in my life since 9/26/2019 have changed the way I view almost everything. I have no one to enjoy college football Saturdays with and watching every Alabama game. I will still watch all Alabama games and most good SEC games, but likely will not watch as much football as I have in the past. It is just not much fun to watch the games by yourself. I hope everyone stays safe and enjoys another season of college football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.