Where Do We Go From Here - Injuries and Playoffs

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Every team in the country has issues right now. Alabama, even with your injuries, has the best team in the country.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Every team in the country has issues right now. Alabama, even with your injuries, has the best team in the country.
I would have to agree with you. I know that we are hurting on the 2nd level in the defense and both OL and DL were outplayed yesterday but I have to believe that those will look different next week. Looking around the country I don't see anyone that doesn't have some issues. We will likely be in some dogfights but I still really like this team. It is unfortunate that we won't see them at full strength due to the season ending injuries.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Just read on al.com that SDH fractured his kneecap but there is no ligament damage. Out for year. So sad for him and for the team. We will miss him.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Just read on al.com that SDH fractured his kneecap but there is no ligament damage. Out for year. So sad for him and for the team. We will miss him.
Rats, hate to hear that. We are going to hobble across the finish line this year, everyone will have to take care of business each game, each play.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I hated to see the expression on his face during the game. That's two years in a row he has been injured before having a chance to finish the playoffs. I hope he heals and can continue his career.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
If last night was indicative of how good Alabama is against good teams we have several issues, We gotta hope Dylan Moses is ready to play because we can't afford to leave Evans out there for every snap and expect him to be effective. Keith Holcombe obviously needs to have career games from here on out. Even with that the mistakes are going to increase and it might effect Pruitt's ability to call blitzes which we simply HAVE To call because the DL is simply not getting to the QB. A good QB would have carved us up like a roast last night.

Offensively I don't care how many people they put in the box we have to have better run blocking. Hurts actually had possibly his best game last night but you wouldn't know it thanks to all the drops. Offensively we can't play it safe any more, we have to score more because we are in trouble defensively.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
If last night was indicative of how good Alabama is against good teams we have several issues, We gotta hope Dylan Moses is ready to play because we can't afford to leave Evans out there for every snap and expect him to be effective. Keith Holcombe obviously needs to have career games from here on out. Even with that the mistakes are going to increase and it might effect Pruitt's ability to call blitzes which we simply HAVE To call because the DL is simply not getting to the QB. A good QB would have carved us up like a roast last night.

Offensively I don't care how many people they put in the box we have to have better run blocking. Hurts actually had possibly his best game last night but you wouldn't know it thanks to all the drops. Offensively we can't play it safe any more, we have to score more because we are in trouble defensively.
Didn't mean to repeat your post. It took me 10 minutes to write my post saying the same thing. Dang firefox is acting up bad.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
We have enough weapons on offense to outscore every team we play.
The game plan and play calling will have to change to cover for the injuries on defense.
Whether it's play calling or just poor execution is open for debate but I agree that we will have to outscore somebody. I think before all is said and done somebody will score 30 on our defense. It's happened other years when we had NC teams. It could be Auburn or it could be a team like Oklahoma in a playoff situation but our offense needs to get better to make sure we score 31.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
It sucks losing SDH and Mack, but has anybody heard any update on Minkah's status. I know he came back for spot duty, but I think if we can get him back healthy quickly we'll be better off. He is basically the field general out there for the defense.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Right now we are not good enough on defense to win the SEC Championship game much less the National Championship. Too many injuries as we all know. Should be interesting to see if we change our offensive profile and take more chances rather than play it safe so much. JH is determined not to turn the ball over -- a good strategy if you can consistently stuff the other offense.

Gonna be a ride...hang on. RTR.

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
Didn't want to start a new thread - scanned the board so I pose a question related to SDH. How did he get a broken kneecap? Isn't that pretty rare as far as injuries go. Seemed to me that LSU was pretty chippy so I'm wondering if a running back's helment or a lineman caused the injury.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.