Where do ya'll see Bama finishing in conference play this year?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
We have a new coach and it will take a while for him to put his mark on the program. That being said...where do we rank in the SEC at the end of the year?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Before the injuries and NCAA waiver rejection I'd have said top 5 or 6. Sadly, those two items - plus our propensity for turnovers - leave me thinking bottom third (10-14). I'd gladly like to be proven wrong.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Bottom half. 7-8 wins. I think Bama will be a step above the cellar dwellers, Vandy, aTm and USCe. Stealing a couple could land Bama on the bubble, maybe with a puncher's chance of dancing if it's a weak one.

Don't think this will be a great year, but a good foundational one going forward.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
Right now I'm not sure. I truly believe if they keep buying in they will be playing solid ball at the right time. But they have a lot to overcome. Right now I'm just going to enjoy the ride

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Before the injuries and NCAA waiver rejection I'd have said top 5 or 6. Sadly, those two items - plus our propensity for turnovers - leave me thinking bottom third (10-14). I'd gladly like to be proven wrong.
Agree with this except I think 8-10 range

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
According to the ESPN predictor, BAMA only has a better than 50% chance to win 4 of our conference games. I will say we win 3 of those and win 2 we should not to finish 5-13, good for next to last in the SEC. With a loss in round 1 of the SEC tourney, year one of Nate Oats’ tenure ends with a 12-20 mark overall.

I like Nate and think he is the right coach, but I hate to say, it is going to take Oats a couple of years to get us competitive and to the dance. Avery left a mess and it will not be fixed overnight. I expect 7-9 conference wins in year two and to be in the discussion for a NCAA bid. Year 3 I expect being in the top half of the league and a NCAA bid.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
With Bama's recent play, I'm actually starting to think .500 in conference play is a realistic goal. Just hope they're not peaking right now and thus excellent run of play continues.

Exceed .500, and all of the sudden the dance is a real possibility.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
According to the ESPN predictor, BAMA only has a better than 50% chance to win 4 of our conference games. I will say we win 3 of those and win 2 we should not to finish 5-13, good for next to last in the SEC. With a loss in round 1 of the SEC tourney, year one of Nate Oats’ tenure ends with a 12-20 mark overall.

I like Nate and think he is the right coach, but I hate to say, it is going to take Oats a couple of years to get us competitive and to the dance. Avery left a mess and it will not be fixed overnight. I expect 7-9 conference wins in year two and to be in the discussion for a NCAA bid. Year 3 I expect being in the top half of the league and a NCAA bid.
I’m not expecting it to be our 3rd year, Avery didn’t leave him with a pile of junk. You can obviously tell he’s coaching them up better. Seems like our conference isn’t as strong as last couple years so I think we can do something this year if we stay healthy with no depth. No way we finish with only 12 wins