Where do ya'll see Bama finishing in conference play this year?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
We have a new coach and it will take a while for him to put his mark on the program. That being said...where do we rank in the SEC at the end of the year?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Before the injuries and NCAA waiver rejection I'd have said top 5 or 6. Sadly, those two items - plus our propensity for turnovers - leave me thinking bottom third (10-14). I'd gladly like to be proven wrong.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Bottom half. 7-8 wins. I think Bama will be a step above the cellar dwellers, Vandy, aTm and USCe. Stealing a couple could land Bama on the bubble, maybe with a puncher's chance of dancing if it's a weak one.

Don't think this will be a great year, but a good foundational one going forward.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Right now I'm not sure. I truly believe if they keep buying in they will be playing solid ball at the right time. But they have a lot to overcome. Right now I'm just going to enjoy the ride

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Before the injuries and NCAA waiver rejection I'd have said top 5 or 6. Sadly, those two items - plus our propensity for turnovers - leave me thinking bottom third (10-14). I'd gladly like to be proven wrong.
Agree with this except I think 8-10 range

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
According to the ESPN predictor, BAMA only has a better than 50% chance to win 4 of our conference games. I will say we win 3 of those and win 2 we should not to finish 5-13, good for next to last in the SEC. With a loss in round 1 of the SEC tourney, year one of Nate Oats’ tenure ends with a 12-20 mark overall.

I like Nate and think he is the right coach, but I hate to say, it is going to take Oats a couple of years to get us competitive and to the dance. Avery left a mess and it will not be fixed overnight. I expect 7-9 conference wins in year two and to be in the discussion for a NCAA bid. Year 3 I expect being in the top half of the league and a NCAA bid.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
With Bama's recent play, I'm actually starting to think .500 in conference play is a realistic goal. Just hope they're not peaking right now and thus excellent run of play continues.

Exceed .500, and all of the sudden the dance is a real possibility.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
According to the ESPN predictor, BAMA only has a better than 50% chance to win 4 of our conference games. I will say we win 3 of those and win 2 we should not to finish 5-13, good for next to last in the SEC. With a loss in round 1 of the SEC tourney, year one of Nate Oats’ tenure ends with a 12-20 mark overall.

I like Nate and think he is the right coach, but I hate to say, it is going to take Oats a couple of years to get us competitive and to the dance. Avery left a mess and it will not be fixed overnight. I expect 7-9 conference wins in year two and to be in the discussion for a NCAA bid. Year 3 I expect being in the top half of the league and a NCAA bid.
I’m not expecting it to be our 3rd year, Avery didn’t leave him with a pile of junk. You can obviously tell he’s coaching them up better. Seems like our conference isn’t as strong as last couple years so I think we can do something this year if we stay healthy with no depth. No way we finish with only 12 wins

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.