Where is the line in comedy? (Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars)

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Might not sound like much but these narcissists really eat this stuff up.
Wow. 10 years seems like a long time for something that only took a few seconds to mess up. Then again I have missed the Academy Awards for all 30 years of my life and not minded.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It took the academy 40 years to ban a white child rapist but only 2 weeks to ban a black man for a slap. I’d say they are definitely some racist undertones here.

Hollywood loves to look the other way when it comes to sexual crimes but a black man slaps someone and suddenly the world is coming to an end. Some of these same celebrities condemning Smith gave Polanski a cheering standing ovation when he won an Oscar in 2003, 25 years after being convicted or raping a 13 year old girl. He wouldn’t be expelled from the Academy until 2018. There is a whole list of celebrities who have committed sexual crimes that have not received an Oscar ban. Bad Boys 4 is now on hold because of a slap.

It was a dumb thing for Smith to do but, the overreaction by the public is even dumber.

Reactions: Crimson1967

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.