News Article: Where the stimulus bill stands in Congress, and what comes next

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Why does it always seem that the Democrats always find a way to handcuff themselves? Everything they want to get done will require 10 Trump nuts to come along. That’s practically impossible in today’s politics. It’s time to stop pretending that partisan politics has a chance, it doesn’t and probably never will again. The GOP ended the filibuster to push through Trump’s crazy Supreme Court nominees, Dems need to play just as dirty. It’s time that minority rule in the Senate ends, kill the filibuster!

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Didn’t that happen as retaliation itself?
Why does it always seem that the Democrats always find away to handcuff themselves? Everything they want to get done will require 10 Trump nuts to come along. That’s practically impossible in today’s politics. It’s time to stop pretending that partisan politics has a chance, it doesn’t and probably never will again. The GOP ended the filibuster to push through Trump’s crazy Supreme Court nominees, Dems need to play just as dirty. It’s time that minority rule in the Senate ends, kill the filibuster!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Yes and now the Democrats need to act in retaliation to the GOP's threats of filibuster and end it before they even have a chance. They can't though because they have a handful of stubborn Democrats that don't always want to be Democrats. That's one thing the GOP have always been better at, sticking together as one group no matter how stupid their stance is.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Yes and now the Democrats need to act in retaliation to the GOP's threats of filibuster and end it before they even have a chance. They can't though because they have a handful of stubborn Democrats that don't always want to be Democrats. That's one thing the GOP have always been better at, sticking together as one group no matter how stupid their stance is.
I am okay with democrats that do not toe the party line. I wish there were a few more republicans that were the same way. The people the politicians are representing are diverse and complex. Why can a politicians beliefs not be the same way?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am okay with democrats that do not toe the party line. I wish there were a few more republicans that were the same way. The people the politicians are representing are diverse and complex. Why can a politicians beliefs not be the same way?
because they are christian white nationalists representing other christian white nationalists and they have no interests outside of maintaining christian white nationalism.

Reactions: B1GTide

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
What would be best is if they all said “screw you” to the parties and actually vote along with the views and beliefs of those they are elected to represent. They arent supposed to be voting with a party but in line with the people who elected them. They are SERVANTS of the electors to REPRESENT them at the Federal level. Not to suck up to a party.

Reactions: JF3 and uafanataum

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What would be best is if they all said “screw you” to the parties and actually vote along with the views and beliefs of those they are elected to represent. They arent supposed to be voting with a party but in line with the people who elected them. They are SERVANTS of the electors to REPRESENT them at the Federal level. Not to suck up to a party.
that will never happen

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm going to disagree slightly with this and say that the people elect them to represent their best interests and the elected should do just that. If the people feel differently then they can elect someone new in the next election.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Nevertheless.........the bottom line is the checks have not been mailed.

No matter how you slice it....that's a failure.
You’ve got to be kidding me with this nonsense. They are actually moving pretty quick and if it wasn’t for the GOP trying there best to slow it down, they probably have it done by now. The goal has always been to get it done by the time the current benefits expire on March 14. They on track to do that and, if they miss that deadline then maybe I would call it a failure.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
You’ve got to be kidding me with this nonsense. They are actually moving pretty quick and if it wasn’t for the GOP trying there best to slow it down, they probably have it done by now. The goal has always been to get it done by the time the current benefits expire on March 14. They on track to do that and, if they miss that deadline then maybe I would call it a failure.
You forget, if it’s Democrats that can’t get things done, it’s because they won’t compromise. If Republicans can’t get something done it’s because Democrats won’t compromise.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Don’t worry it’s just them getting back to the usual trolling after laying low through the sinking of the Trumptanic.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
10 Million Americans are out of work
4 Million Americans have been out of work for 6 months or longer
2.5 Million women have been driven from the work force
15 Million Americans are behind in their rental payments
24 Million adults and 12 Million children don't have enough food to eat

I would bet that most folks here on the forum are in pretty good shape....and I'm very happy for them.

But there are a lot of folks who are hurting and need those checks. I personally know some here.

But don't take my word for it....listen to President Biden.....and this was back on February 4th.

26 days ago!

Probably seems like an eternity for so many.

Like I said earlier in the thread - I don't know why there couldn't have been a separate bill - just to get the checks out faster.

• Facepalm

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I would bet that most folks here on the forum are in pretty good shape....and I'm very happy for them.

But there are a lot of folks who are hurting and need those checks. I personally know some here.

But don't take my word for it....listen to President Biden.....and this was back on February 4th.

26 days ago!

Like I said earlier in the thread - I don't know why there couldn't have been a separate bill - just to get the checks out faster.

Where the hell were you in December when democrats tried to pass this? What about last MAY when they tried and republicans blocked it? Really, where the hell were you then with your fake worry?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

26 days ago!

People would take you more seriously if you’d voiced even one of these concerns when your Dear Leader was in charge. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that you are suddenly worrying about this stuff now.:rolleyes:

Most everyone here sees it for what it is.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.