Where will this team rank in the Saban era

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Right now, based on who they've beaten? Last.
I’d say one above 2007. Last is a little harsh imo. I never thought in a million years after the 2017 national championship that I would say that about a team led by Tua. Thought for sure he, in conjunction with a balanced rushing attack from Najee Harris, would lead us to at least one more, if not two, NCs. But here we are. But I’d definitely say the 3 loss 2010 team was a better team than this one. The defense was atrocious and frankly not worthy of Alabama, whatever the reasons.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I think it really boils down to whether your criteria is tangible accomplishments or subjective potential.

If it's tangible, then this team may end up at the bottom or next to the bottom depending on the bowl game. There will be no titles. No wins of significance. Our guys have already been left out of the conversations for individual awards.

If we're talking potential and talent, even with the injuries this was an extremely talented team that - at the end of the day - just couldn't get the job done when needed.

This team has to be ranked in the bottom 2 or 3 in my opinion. Just gotta understand, with the exception of 2007, the standard is set really, really high for Saban teams.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I don't know why people think LSU is all that. This Alabama team is being talked about as the 2nd worst in Saban's tenure, and we lost to them by one possession. LSU's defense is no better than Alabama's this year and I fully expect them to lose to Ohio State or Clemson and be asking themselves "what if" just like we are now. LSU is very close to being as disappointed as we are.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't know why people think LSU is all that. This Alabama team is being talked about as the 2nd worst in Saban's tenure, and we lost to them by one possession. LSU's defense is no better than Alabama's this year and I fully expect them to lose to Ohio State or Clemson and be asking themselves "what if" just like we are now. LSU is very close to being as disappointed as we are.
LSU will only go as far as that offense v. their CFP competition. I fear that they're due a game like ours v. Clemson last year once they get there. Best of luck to them though.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Little doubt in my mind that 2019 Bama would crush 2007 Bama. But when I factor in expectations, 2019 has been the biggest let down, by a wide margin...
Granted. Definitely the worst team in relation to expectations. 2010 would be close. But at least in 2010 we didn’t look like we were lost in the sauce for half the season. I frankly don’t even expect us to win our bowl game at this point.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
And I can’t wait. [emoji41]

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It was (by far) our least talented defense since 2007.....simply because of the early defections and injuries.....

Overall -- ahead of 2007 and 2014.... 2010, the SEC West was a beast that year

2014 we should have lost to LSU, and almost lost to Arkansas.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.