Poll: Which of these win/loss scenarios do you prefer?

Which win/loss record do you prefer?

• 7-3 with wins over Tennessee and LSU

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Current 8-2 record

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

TopBamaBloke

Scout Team
Jun 7, 2021
Would you rather have 3 heartbreaking losses to Texas, ATM, and Ole Miss, and wins over Tennessee and LSU? Or do you prefer our current 8-2 record? You can’t choose 10-0 nor 9-1.

I know it defies logic to want a worse win/loss record, but we all know that some teams are more fun to beat than others. If you had the ability to choose, would you sacrifice one or more wins over a lesser rival to win a game that has more pride on the line?

TopBamaBloke

Scout Team
Jun 7, 2021
Once you hit 2 losses it doesn't matter. There is no good choice here. There is no better choice here. Both are the same - wasted season.
I‘ve said this before and I’ll say it again: A win over auburn will make this a good-but-not great season. I remember thinking when CNS got hired that I would be thrilled if he could give us seasons like that. I’m such a product of the Mike Shubose years, I guess.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know "I'm the problem" when I say this, but nothing really matters to me now.

I certainly hope we beat Austin P. and Auburn, but my "interest" in this year is over once we were out of the SEC and NC race.

This is the culture CNS created. Love it or hate it. It is what it is.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
I took the 8-2 season with the possibility of finishing 10-2. The expansion of the conference and the playoffs are going to affect what is acceptable because in the future, perhaps next season the 12 playoff format is going to almost ensure that we are part of it every year. We would have been in it this year had the 12 team playoff been in place. As long as we keep the standard I for see that we will continually be in the hunt for it year in and year out even at 8-2 with the close losses to UT and LSU.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I can't believe it's taken the college football world this long to even consider a decent playoff system. Good grief. How many times have we seen a top 10 team get knocked off by an unranked? It's not that unusual. They seem to think that their rankings are gospel.

I shouldn't be surprised, though, since it took them most of my lifetime to finally get instant replay on the field and overtime.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I can't believe it's taken the college football world this long to even consider a decent playoff system. Good grief. How many times have we seen a top 10 team get knocked off by an unranked? It's not that unusual. They seem to think that their rankings are gospel.

I shouldn't be surprised, though, since it took them most of my lifetime to finally get instant replay on the field and overtime.

How many times in the BCS and playoff eras have you seen a REAL upset?

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
How many times in the BCS and playoff eras have you seen a REAL upset?
I can't think of one right off the top of my head, but they do happen. Remember when LSU beat us in Tuscaloosa with a field goal? We missed out on being SEC champions and almost got knocked out of the national championship game because of that. We were all sweating bullets, waiting to see what the committee decided. Then we completely curb stomped them when it mattered.

That's why they need to go to at least an eight-team playoff, minimum.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I can't think of one right off the top of my head, but they do happen. Remember when LSU beat us in Tuscaloosa with a field goal? We missed out on being SEC champions and almost got knocked out of the national championship game because of that. We were all sweating bullets, waiting to see what the committee decided. Then we completely curb stomped them when it mattered.

That's why they need to go to at least an eight-team playoff, minimum.

#1 v #2 is not an upset.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Honestly out of the two options… 7-3 is better with wins over lsu and Tennessee. Both options are bad and a sign of a wasted season but I can stomach a loss to both of the Texas teams and to Kiffin but the Tennessee loss is probably the worst loss in a very long time for me.

but my interest in college football this year after the LSU loss is probably near 0. I got more important things to do right now than worry about if we are going to win a game with the clown show of a staff we have right now.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can't believe it's taken the college football world this long to even consider a decent playoff system.
Every team added to the playoff dilutes it.

Look at the Phillies and baseball this year for Pete's sake.

Good grief. How many times have we seen a top 10 team get knocked off by an unranked?
That's not really a fair comparison, though.

Why?

Because it treats PRESEASON polls the same as polls from, say, November 10 onward as equal - and they're not.

App St beat #5 Michigan in the 2007 opener.
James Madison beat #13 Va Tech in Sept 2010

I will guarantee you there are FEWER of these after we've actually seen the teams play.
That's important - because the selection is made AFTER games are played.

It's not that unusual.
Not if you count September games, no.

They seem to think that their rankings are gospel.
You've got me there.

Every time some team gets shown to be not to so good, it becomes "Team X was overrated" (passive voice).

Never once does a pundit own up and say, "WE overrated them." But these rankings don't fall down from out of the sky out of nowhere, either.

The more CFB becomes like the NFL, the less people will care.

Because then the fact it's minor league football is revealed.
It was different when 20 or so teams could end the year on a high note with a trip somewhere.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.