2022 Recruiting: Who are the 2022 Recruiting Targets?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We are up to #2 in the 247Sports Composite. We are just behind Penn St at #1 but they have 24 commits and we have 14 commits. OSU is at #4 and UGA is at #6 and they both have 14 commits also. We may still get to #1 this year and will have to see how things play out.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I know the 22 class was planned to be smaller due to the numbers we took in 21, but does Calloway heading to juco open up one more slot in the 22 class or since he enrolled do we still basically lose that spot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know the 22 class was planned to be smaller due to the numbers we took in 21, but does Calloway heading to juco open up one more slot in the 22 class or since he enrolled do we still basically lose that spot.
He will not be in your 85 when the 22 class shows up, so you get another spot. Since he will not be among the 85 when the fall semester starts, you could even add someone sooner if something pops up.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
KN just CBd Omari to Auburn.

Considering how far behind the field we started this is shaping up to be a decent recruiting class at WR for us.
Kelly is announcing this month and Bama has higher targets that are rated higher right now. Similar situation to Fegans

Reactions: The Ols

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Kelly is announcing this month and Bama has higher targets that are rated higher right now. Similar situation to Fegans
Yeah this is one of those situations that if Bama comes on hard in the next two weeks our chances narrow considerably, but considering Bama's board right now I think he's a Tiger.

Not a bad outcome. Watch the kid play weekly in person and would look forward to him in an AU jersey.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Hate to lose Moss but it is a position we have a ton of talent and always recruit well. I would think we will get another RB in the top 100 if we want another RB.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We got two CB's for 3* S Jake Pope today and one CB for 5* CB Denver Harris. I watched Pope's junior season highlights and he is all over the place. He plays WR, returns kick-offs and is an instinctive physical saftey. I see why we are very interested in him.

• Roll Tide!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
We got two CB's for 3* S Jake Pope today and one CB for 5* CB Denver Harris. I watched Pope's junior season highlights and he is all over the place. He plays WR, returns kick-offs and is an instinctive physical saftey. I see why we are very interested in him.
Buford is a big time power program over here in GA. Being a multi-year starter in all three aspects of the game at a program like that is a pretty big deal and hopefully an indication of his athleticism and what he might be able to do when he can focus on one position.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Buford is a big time power program over here in GA. Being a multi-year starter in all three aspects of the game at a program like that is a pretty big deal and hopefully an indication of his athleticism and what he might be able to do when he can focus on one position.
Haven't seen him play, maybe a Vinnie sunseri redo?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Haven't seen him play, maybe a Vinnie sunseri redo?
Vinnie was great in zone but helpless in man-to-man. Hopefully Jake is better than that. What makes you make that comparison? I would prefer Landon Collins, Minkah or Eddie Jackson.

Reactions: Padreruf

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Vinnie was great in zone but helpless in man-to-man. Hopefully Jake is better than that. What makes you make that comparison? I would prefer Landon Collins, Minkah or Eddie Jackson.
He looks like so many of those slot receiver the Patriots had that Brady made a living throwing to and nobody could seem to cover.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
He is white so he has that in common with Patriot slot receivers, Vinnie Sunseri and Slade Bolden. But, he runs a 4.40 forty and has a shuttle time near 4.0. This guy is an athlete. He will play safety.

Reactions: TiderJack

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.