Who do you fear more -- Sanders or Trump? Why? (Red or Blue, it's not an easy call.)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is actually pretty similar to the French system, which my daughter is enrolled in. Most doctors are in private practice but draw most of their income from the state system, and everyone is required to participate. It's paid for through taxes. She still doesn't trust French doctors... :)
Just curious....why does your daughter not trust French doctors?

Not saying she should or shouldn’t. I just like to understand why different people feel different ways, especially when they have more experience than I do on a topic....in this case, government-sponsored healthcare.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just curious....why does your daughter not trust French doctors?

Not saying she should or shouldn’t. I just like to understand why different people feel different ways, especially when they have more experience than I do on a topic....in this case, government-sponsored healthcare.
She just doesn't think they're as competent as US. OTOH, she felt the same about German docs...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Advantages and disadvantages of both the French and US healthcare systems acknowledged, which would she prefer?
No question. I think she feels the US in a heartbeat, despite the stats. She feels their (French and German docs) education doesn't equal US. Three of four of her kids have inherited the NF-1 genetic variant. When she told her German pediatrician that, he said that he would have to look it up. When I mentioned it to my GE doc here, he started naming the symptoms and asking me about individual ones, and it's not even his field! That's the sort of thing that doesn't show up in the statistics. Doctors in both France and Germany do not enjoy the social respect and status (or income) that they do here...

• Thank You
Reactions: CrimsonNagus

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.