Who does Alabama end with on National Signing Day?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Read an article that mentioned he felt loyalty to Mizzou since they were the first big school to offer him. Best I can figure is either that won out for him or he didn't have a spot.
I can respect a kid for feeling that way. Good for him.

I think it might also be we didn’t have a spot or asked him to gray or blue shirt.

Reactions: CoolBreeze and Con

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Read an article that mentioned he felt loyalty to Mizzou since they were the first big school to offer him. Best I can figure is either that won out for him or he didn't have a spot.
Bama had the spot. Mizzou did a good job of convincing him to signed with them. early playing time and like you mentioned, they were first to offered him among the big D1 schools. good luck to him.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Bama had the spot. Mizzou did a good job of convincing him to signed with them. early playing time and like you mentioned, they were first to offered him among the big D1 schools. good luck to him.
Early playing time is always hard to turn down for recruits. I wish the young man all the luck in the world. I hope he gets a degree, prepares himself for life after football and with any good fortune. May get a shot to play in the NFL.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I assume because we could not offer a spot. Besides, he had a very good relationship with the Mizzou defensive coaches from what I heard.
I believe he had a spot but will definitely have a chance to see the field earlier at Mizzou rather then Bama. Others have pointed out Mizzou was the first D1 school to offer him as well so good for the kid rewarding them for their allegiance to him.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Who gets the open spot then??? Who do we have coming that's good enough (and/or that we don't know about?) to let Rakestraw go?
Don't think we let him go he just felt loyalty to Mizzou. Mac going to ATM must have been known by the staff but Jones is probably starry eyed over Oregon. Plus, he wants to play the opposite side of the ball.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It seems the 2nd signing day has become the national Alabama strikeout day.
Meh, may be a reflection of the type of kids we recruit. We want the solid character kids that know what they want. No disrespect to the 15% that wait for round 2 just don't put too much cred in the "look at me" types.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Don't think we let him go he just felt loyalty to Mizzou. Mac going to ATM must have been known by the staff but Jones is probably starry eyed over Oregon. Plus, he wants to play the opposite side of the ball.
I know we lost Rakestraw, stinks but understandable...but are we actually going to end this cycle with open spots after all of this? I guess they go to PWOs and current non-scholly players?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know we lost Rakestraw, stinks but understandable...but are we actually going to end this cycle with open spots after all of this? I guess they go to PWOs and current non-scholly players?
No, you save them for next year. Your PWOs will not be considered for schollies until at least their junior season. They know that when they make their decisions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.