Who does Alabama end with on National Signing Day?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I know we lost Rakestraw, stinks but understandable...but are we actually going to end this cycle with open spots after all of this? I guess they go to PWOs and current non-scholly players?
To my knowledge, we were already in a numbers crunch. Plus, there still could be a surprise out there.

Reactions: The Ols

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought we ended up short last year too. According to the news Alabama was well short of 85 last year already.
Not sure what the numbers are - they are really hard to track, even if you pay close attention. But PWOs do not get schollies until at least their junior year for a reason. If you award a PWO scholly before then, they immediately back count against the 85 limit to their first semester on campus. So, if you give a sophomore a scholly, it hits the books for two seasons - maybe three if they enrolled early - even though he was not under scholarship at that time.

Roster management is a full time job.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I just heard Andy Bunker on 92.9 the game say that ‘ James Coley is paying off at T A&M, he got DT McKinley Jackson to decommit from Alabama and commit to the Aggies’. Jeez, if you ar gonna comment on recruiting, at least know what you are talking about!

Reactions: B1GTide

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Based on looking at the three big recruiting sites- ESPN, 247, and Rivals, the top three are Clemson, Bama, and Georgia in some order. Bama is #3 in two and #2 in one. I'd say that's a great year. I don't remember us signing this many Alabama kids (9) in the past. Also did well in Georgia with 5.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Based on looking at the three big recruiting sites- ESPN, 247, and Rivals, the top three are Clemson, Bama, and Georgia in some order. Bama is #3 in two and #2 in one. I'd say that's a great year. I don't remember us signing this many Alabama kids (9) in the past. Also did well in Georgia with 5.
It was a very good year in Alabama and '21 is going to be another one.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Definitely another great year people get way to interested in rankings in my opinion. There really is not that much difference in 1-5 it's all about coaching them up and getting kids with character that fit your needs. If you do that then you will see success on the field.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
So are we done or is there anyone else considering us?
The only one left is Jayson Jones who is a life long Tide fan and is committed to us. The problem is that he is a prototypical Offensive Tackle but he wants to play D Tackle. Oregon is all over him and he is expected to go there but the Tide coaches have had time to work on him if they want him enough. Not sure if it would matter at this late juncture anyway. Jones is suppose to announce at his school in Calera at 2PM.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
McKinley Jackson dropped the mic on his way to College Station. That is a tough one no matter how great a class we already had.

Reactions: B1GTide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
McKinley Jackson dropped the mic on his way to College Station. That is a tough one no matter how great a class we already had.
It's a tough one if he pans out. It's a "blessing in disguise" if he fizzles out. One of our members put together a very informational post about past recruiting classes and how many of the top recruits were either no longer on the roster or barely touching the field. It's the nature of the beast. We just have to hope and trust the ones we did get develop.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
From what I'm reading on boards, and I know everyone is somewhat disappointed, but it sounds like McKinley Jackson didn't handle the recruiting process the last few days well.

I wouldn't be shocked if Coach Saban changes the approach to where if you are committed and has green light, then sign in December. I don't think he will wait for NSD in Feb anymore... unless it is special circumstance. Also, He may take Clemson's approach. Once you are committed to us, no shopping around.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.