Who does Alabama end with on National Signing Day?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
From what I'm reading on boards, and I know everyone is somewhat disappointed, but it sounds like McKinley Jackson didn't handle the recruiting process the last few days well.

I wouldn't be shocked if Coach Saban changes the approach to where if you are committed and has green light, then sign in December. I don't think he will wait for NSD in Feb anymore... unless it is special circumstance. Also, He may take Clemson's approach. Once you are committed to us, no shopping around.
umm he already did that. 1 signed announced today and two others were only about grade concerns (which Saban will not waste a spot on)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
what happened with damien george? i thought he was signing at 12.ET
He did -

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
thanks breeze, i didn't see it anywhere. sure would like to get collins but i have severe doubts, very good class, congrats to the staff, excellent job.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I wouldn't. Saban has a plan for the players, and he is honest about it. If the players do not like his plan for them, they need to look elsewhere.

You can't start letting the players run the program.
I'm not saying let him run the program...………...if he played DT in high school, then I'd let him play......…......if he can break into the starting rotation. If he can't, then give him the option of going to the OL.................if he isnt happy, he will likely transfer anyway, as is the situation the NCAA has placed teams in now with the portal

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not saying let him run the program...………...if he played DT in high school, then I'd let him play......…......if he can break into the starting rotation. If he can't, then he is liable to hit the portal anyway if he isn't happy...….which is the way things go now. DT is an area of need at Bama
I actually think it is Saban's practice to allow the kid to start out at the position they want to play with the understanding if they can't get it done there then they will be moved. I heard it on the piece the NFL did about Derrick Henry in one of the playoff weekends. They interviewed Saban and he said during Henry's recruitment a lot of coaches had already made the decision to move him somewhere else. But what got Henry to come to Alabama was Saban said "Let him play where he wants". I've heard Saban say similar things in the past about recruits and their position of choice.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I actually think it is Saban's practice to allow the kid to start out at the position they want to play with the understanding if they can't get it done there then they will be moved. I heard it on the piece the NFL did about Derrick Henry in one of the playoff weekends. They interviewed Saban and he said during Henry's recruitment a lot of coaches had already made the decision to move him somewhere else. But what got Henry to come to Alabama was Saban said "Let him play where he wants". I've heard Saban say similar things in the past about recruits and their position of choice.
Precisely...……………..and if he cant break into the rotation, then give the option of moving to the OL...………….either way, if he isnt happy with the situation, he would probably hit the portal

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have heard this as well but I am guessing Saban and staff felt so strong about it that they did not do it in this case for Jayson.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Henry was the best RB in the history of high school football. He wanted to play some other position?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Henry was the best RB in the history of high school football. He wanted to play some other position?
Not that I’m aware. He was interested in GA, but Richt wanted him at DE, but Henry wanted to play RB. Maybe that’s the confusion

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Wasn't much of a flip
Dig that. Everything related to Bama is news so the Ducks get a win. That is why I think that Saban will increasingly demand all recruits sign during the early signing period. If they don't then we move on. NSD2 will all but disappear as an event for Bama going forward IMHO.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.