Who does Will Anderson remind you of?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I can’t think of another player, in the Saban era, quite like him. He’s really special.

By my count he has 9.5 TFL already this year. Unreal numbers.

Reactions: CraigD

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
He reminds me a bit of Von Miller. When Von came out I wasn't sure that he was big enough. Wow, was I wrong!!!!!
RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think we have had a player like him under Saban. I think he goes down as the best defensive player of the Saban era.

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
No, we have not. He has the speed of Tim Williams with the power of a Jonathan Allen -- to use 2 players from UA.
Will Anderson is imo the best defensive player in college. That said, I don't think that it is possible for Will to be as strong as Jonathan Allen. Jon outweighs Will be 30, perhaps 40 pounds, or so it would seem.
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Relayer and B1GTide

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I don't think we have had a player like him under Saban. I think he goes down as the best defensive player of the Saban era.
I think he could and probably will, but i think Minka was as disruptive in alot of ways with his blitzing and cover skills saying he's the best as of now don't know, ee have had so many Ro, J Allen, Tim Williams, Donta, etc. We've been very fortunate last 15 years

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Will Anderson is imo the best defensive player in college. That said, I don't think that it is possible for Will to be as strong as Jonathan Allen. Jon outweighs Will be 30, perhaps 40 pounds, or so it would seem.
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously...but he holds the end just as well when needed. He's not just a fast rusher like TW...who just as often was out of position.

Reactions: Bill from NYC

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
He probably won’t reach Derrick Thomas’s career numbers because DT played 4 years, and it’s a foregone conclusion that Anderson will leave after 3.

Additionally, Anderson isn’t as good today as Thomas was when he finished his eligibility.

But I’d say he looks as good as, or better than, DT looked 4 games into his sophomore year.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
As others have said, I think Will Anderson is unique and I've never seen a player who I could even really compare to Anderson. He's a JACK linebacker who's one of the best pass rushers in the country and also great against the run, yet he's also able to line up as a 4i responsible for the B-Gap in your Mint/Tite package despite being just 243lbs.

It's scary that y'all will have him for another year, no matter what, because he's only a true sophomore. He could easily be a 1st-round pick in the upcoming draft if he were eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf and CraigD

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
if he can stay healthy, he certainly has a chance. I personally think he also has a CHANCE to be mentioned with our all time greats ( Lee Roy, Derrick, Biscuit, Woody Lowe ). To be compared to a Derrick Thomas is stratospheric !

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The old adage use to be run right at guys that are great pass rushers. This guy stops the run and brings a lot of pressure. He's going to make a lot of money after next season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.