Who is in the 2022 Transfer Portal?

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Why was he not a bigger part of your offense?
honestly spring and early season injuries. Similar to why Stetson became the starting QB. The team began to gel and what was working was working, so they did not stray from it too much. I also don't think Stetsons style of passing favored Burton as much who is more of a vertical deep threat with good hands. I hate to see him leave. I honestly thought he would lead the team in reception yards during the 21 season

also, he finished with 2nd most receiving yards yards on the team. Any Georgia fan who thinks losing him is not a big deal is wrong

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I wouldnt expect any to leave until after the dust settles in spring
Whole lot of room for competition in the the spring before that.
That's the likely timeframe. WIth Sophmores Holden and Jones-Bell, and Freshman Brooks, Earle, Leary and Hall, plus incoming signees who will go through spring Law and Anderson and now Burton, I think anyone who doesn't see themselves in the 2 deep coming our of spring is a risk to transfer, especially with Preston, Prentice and Bond as well as potential WRs Kite and Henderson all coming in during summer.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That's the likely timeframe. WIth Sophmores Holden and Jones-Bell, and Freshman Brooks, Earle, Leary and Hall, plus incoming signees who will go through spring Law and Anderson and now Burton, I think anyone who doesn't see themselves in the 2 deep coming our of spring is a risk to transfer, especially with Preston, Prentice and Bond as well as potential WRs Kite and Henderson all coming in during summer.
I don`t think that there can be much question that transfers will be in the offing after spring.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Talking about just the wr position this post, but we really do have some serious serious speed, high bar potential and talent coming in this recruiting cycle but in regards to getting an established proven wr, other than burton, who is left in the portal or what possible portal candidates are there at the wr position that would we want, take or are pursuing? RTR

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Bama Problems...Not to diminish the possible losses, but I'd rather be on this end of the pole...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I knew I saw this somewhere. So how many potential WRs are coming in with this class if you include Burton?
Something like 8 WRs? That has to be unheard of for one class.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I knew I saw this somewhere. So how many potential WRs are coming in with this class if you include Burton?
Something like 8 WRs? That has to be unheard of for one class.
Don't forget niblack, who is a WR/TE hybrid and could end up split out just as often as he's inside. Oh, and the other TE, Brown, who also spent as much time flexed out wide as he did inside. It's a ton of pass catchers all coming in at the same time.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Don't forget niblack, who is a WR/TE hybrid and could end up split out just as often as he's inside. Oh, and the other TE, Brown, who also spent as much time flexed out wide as he did inside. It's a ton of pass catchers all coming in at the same time.
That's crazy. I wonder what the thought process was there. Not that its a bad thing with the way we are playing offense now. Having 3-4 great receiving threats is huge. But still that's a massive class at basically one position while also having all the guys from last years class.

The good news is we are bound to hit on at least a few of them.

Reactions: The Ols

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
That's crazy. I wonder what the thought process was there. Not that its a bad thing with the way we are playing offense now. Having 3-4 great receiving threats is huge. But still that's a massive class at basically one position while also having all the guys from last years class.

The good news is we are bound to hit on at least a few of them.
I thought the same thing - was wondering if the thought was that some of these guys likely played DB also and might slip over that way depending on what the coaches see once the players are on campus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.