Who is in the 2022 Transfer Portal?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Five freshman signees and Burton make six. Eight would be unheard of.
I'm just going off what gtggilbert said about Kite and Henderson. I'm sure they don't all end up at WR but seems possible they all get a shot at some point.

But I don't follow recruiting closely enough to really know

Even still 6 is a lot.

Reactions: TiderJack

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'm just going off what gtggilbert said about Kite and Henderson. I'm sure they don't all end up at WR but seems possible they all get a shot at some point.

Even still 6 is a lot.
Yep - Both those guys have been talked about as potential WRs. Not all will stick there of course with Kite playing a lot of DB in HS and Henderson being an RB. Saban talked openly about Henderson having ability to play both spots and said his final position will really depend on how he develops physically (i.e. can he add a bit of weight and keep all the other great parts of his game). Hendersons signing picture on twitter said Running Back / Athlete.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Even still 6 is a lot.
Four names of non contributors have already been rattled off. There were more. Brooks was the only receiver to answer the bell, and he was less than what we’ve been spoiled to have. These new guys will replace the old ones, or the old ones will step up their game. Receiver room is now the dog fight every week with the dogs making each other improve to keep the spot. Some will stay and some will go.

Reactions: seebell and The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Four names of non contributors have already been rattled off. There were more. Brooks was the only receiver to answer the bell, and he was less than what we’ve been spoiled to have. These new guys will replace the old ones, or the old ones will step up their game. Receiver room is now the dog fight every week with the dogs making each other improve to keep the spot. Some will stay and some will go.
Your very last statement is true for a lot of things in life. Life in general is a series of comings and goings.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep - Both those guys have been talked about as potential WRs. Not all will stick there of course with Kite playing a lot of DB in HS and Henderson being an RB. Saban talked openly about Henderson having ability to play both spots and said his final position will really depend on how he develops physically (i.e. can he add a bit of weight and keep all the other great parts of his game). Hendersons signing picture on twitter said Running Back / Athlete.
With what we are bringing in I don't expect either one of them at WR. Henderson may do some Kenyan Drake things but listed as RB IMO. Both rooms will be crowded.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
With what we are bringing in I don't expect either one of them at WR. Henderson may do some Kenyan Drake things but listed as RB IMO. Both rooms will be crowded.
Very well could be right, and I would normally agree as it wouldn't be the normal path to take one of the top players at their position in HS and move them over, but when asked an open ended question about Henderson, Saban mentioned receiver first...

"
Q: Thoughts on Emmanuel Henderson?

Saban: “Well Emmanuel is a great athlete. He played a lot of positions in high school. I’ve asked him on numerous occasions, ‘What do you want to play?’ And he just says, ‘I’ll play whatever you need me to play. Whatever I can do to help the team.’ I think the guy has special athletic ability. Probably could be a receiver, probably could be a running back. Where he fits the best, we’ll probably be able to figure out better once he gets here and once we start working with him and can actually evaluate his skill set first hand.

"

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con and The Ols

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Very well could be right, and I would normally agree as it wouldn't be the normal path to take one of the top players at their position in HS and move them over, but when asked an open ended question about Henderson, Saban mentioned receiver first...

"

Saban: “Well Emmanuel is a great athlete. He played a lot of positions in high school. I’ve asked him on numerous occasions, ‘What do you want to play?’ And he just says, ‘I’ll play whatever you need me to play. Whatever I can do to help the team.’ I think the guy has special athletic ability. Probably could be a receiver, probably could be a running back. Where he fits the best, we’ll probably be able to figure out better once he gets here and once we start working with him and can actually evaluate his skill set first hand.

"
Love the attitude

Reactions: CB4 and Con

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

"

"
Receiver out of the backfield

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I am guessing the “100% to Virginia” prediction was prognosticated before the interest in/from Bama?
I think his younger brother signed with Virginia on signing day. So obviously they have that. From what I read he's been playing it close to the vest whiles he's been finishing up his internship and getting ready to graduate from vandy.

I assume Va was seen as a fav until he scheduled visits to Bama, lsu.and Penn state. Hank south seems to be drawing attention heavily to this one fwiw.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think his younger brother signed with Virginia on signing day. So obviously they have that. From what I read he's been playing it close to the vest whiles he's been finishing up his internship and getting ready to graduate from vandy.

I assume Va was seen as a fav until he scheduled visits to Bama, lsu.and Penn state. Hank south seems to be drawing attention heavily to this one fwiw.
" finishing up his internship and getting ready to graduate from Vandy"..........No problem with the play book.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

"

"
Kind of reminds me of the days when QBs came to play for Coach Bryant and ended up All American DBs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.