Poll: Who is more hated By America? Alabama, NE, CNS, Belichick, Brady, or all equally?

Who does America hate the most?

• Alabama

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • New England

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Coach Nick Saban

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Coach Bill Belichick

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • All are equally hated because Americans cant stand winners

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Bring it on: more hate and many, many more NC's! I just love the hate and the NC's.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Are you sure it's NOT that Michigan vs tOSU hate fest? Brady is a winner: even against Bama in a bowl many moons ago.
Could be, but I don't know of any people who think of Brady as a UM guy. He was 1-1 vs. OSU, and I had to look it up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've followed college football religiously for almost 30 years and I BARELY remember Tom Brady at Michigan. Almost like a footnote in my college football history.
The two games I remember is the 1999 MSU-Michigan game and ofcourse the Orange Bowl :frown:

The 1999 MSU-Mich game- Nick Saban made Llyod Carr look stupid for listening to eeyore Michigan fans screaming to play Drew Henson instead of Brady. Henson hit a sinkhole and Brady nearly led them back. Had he done it then ( I need Selma on this)it is quiet possible Michigan plays FSU for the title and probably beats them. 1999 Bama and Michigan were probably the two best teams in the country but they were handicapped with "geniuses" of head coaches.

The orange Bowl: I remember he brought them back from two 14 point deficits to force overtime and Ryan Pflugner started the trend for "shakey leg" kickers for us.

But other than those two games he was really forgettable as a college qb.

Last edited:

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Since Alabama has not been caught cheating twice, I say the Pats are more hated. Plus the Brady double standard: when other players like Antonio Brown or OBJ yell at their coaches on the sidelines they're being primadonnas, but when Brady does it, he's just being passionate...

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I have the unique perspective of being an Alabama grad and living in New England. I think New England is the most hated because of spy gate and deflate gate. The majority of the NFL teams view the Patriots as cheaters. I feel the majority of non Alabama fans just find it annoying that we are in the mix for the national championship almost every year.
Spy Gate and ESPECIALLY Deflate gate were both ridiculous.

FWIW, admitting my ignorance up front as I live in AL not MA - but I think its ALL about the winning.

Frankly, if the Chargers or Browns are "caught" taping other teams signals - no one cares. If the Bengals or Texas are "caught" using a ball - in freezing temperatures, that MIGHT be half a PSI shy of the never-before-enforced minimum - again - no one cares.

SAME DEAL in CFB. No one is going around claiming Vandy is paying players, that Arkansas has the SEC office in their back pocket, or the UK has paid the FOOTBALL ref's. Just saying! :)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think the Pats are more hated for 3-4 reasons. Spygate and Deflate-gate are obvious but two more:

1) the general arrogance of people from that section of the country (sportswriting shills like to go on TV to praise Boston teams with the caveat “not to wear my colors on my sleeve” and then give the most tongue bathing analysis you can imagine;

2) there’s at least a contingent of SEC fans who pull for us against non-SEC foes (they were all for UGA two weeks ago).

Colts fans don’t chant “AFC” for the Pats; they hope Brady suffocates in a grain elevator.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think the Pats are more hated for 3-4 reasons. Spygate and Deflate-gate are obvious but two more:

1) the general arrogance of people from that section of the country (sportswriting shills like to go on TV to praise Boston teams with the caveat “not to wear my colors on my sleeve” and then give the most tongue bathing analysis you can imagine;

2) there’s at least a contingent of SEC fans who pull for us against non-SEC foes (they were all for UGA two weeks ago).

Colts fans don’t chant “AFC” for the Pats; they hope Brady suffocates in a grain elevator.
This made me laugh.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The two games I remember is the 1999 MSU-Michigan game and ofcourse the Orange Bowl :frown:

The 1999 MSU-Mich game- Nick Saban made Llyod Carr look stupid for listening to eeyore Michigan fans screaming to play Drew Henson instead of Brady. Henson hit a sinkhole and Brady nearly led them back. Had he done it then ( I need Selma on this)it is quiet possible Michigan plays FSU for the title and probably beats them. 1999 Bama and Michigan were probably the two best teams in the country but they were handicapped with "geniuses" of head coaches.

The orange Bowl: I remember he brought them back from two 14 point deficits to force overtime and Ryan Pflugner started the trend for "shakey leg" kickers for us.

But other than those two games he was really forgettable as a college qb.
I always thought the ending of the Orange Bowl was some kind of karma that we owed because of the nature of our win vs. Florida in the Swamp that year. In OT, Florida scores a TD first but their kicker misses the XP. Then, Alexander scores a TD on our possession, but Chris Kemp misses the XP. But wait! Florida was offsides so he gets another chance and barely makes it. Seems we just kind of had to pay that one back in the Orange Bowl.

But on Brady at Michigan - that was just one of those scenarios were a coach was beholden to a great but overrated recruit and ended up not playing the better guy. Which was part of the making of who Brady became (he used it as motivation).

On the most hated, it's the Patriots. The NFL has a larger following of fans, and most of them hate New England. Alabama is up there, for sure. The stuff about the refs and cheating is ludicrous. The real story is the amazing run of success of two coaches on parallel paths. They are friends, came up in the profession together, and went on to dominate football at it's two highest levels in ways that were thought impossible in the modern age with recruiting restrictions and free agency.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
They were just debating on ESPNU radio which is more impressive, the Patriots' run or Bama's. Most voters seem to be leaning the Patriots. Danny Kanell, by no surprise, is charging hard on that point. He states that it's harder to do because in the NFL, you don't get the sure wins like you do against Mercer, Colorado St, etc. I do understand his point, but it falls on deaf ears when someone so anti-Bama tries to make it.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
They were just debating on ESPNU radio which is more impressive, the Patriots' run or Bama's. Most voters seem to be leaning the Patriots. Danny Kanell, by no surprise, is charging hard on that point. He states that it's harder to do because in the NFL, you don't get the sure wins like you do against Mercer, Colorado St, etc. I do understand his point, but it falls on deaf ears when someone so anti-Bama tries to make it.
Your also not allowed to lose 5 games and still be called world champion in college ( I have no issue with the patriots... Just Saying ). Oh and you have to rebuild your team from scratch every 3 or 4 years.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
It's an interesting debate.

I personally vote college.

The margin for error is slimmer.
Recruiting is another sport in and of itself and far more tricky to navigate than the draft and free agency in my opinion. *though draft and free agency are tricky)
You're trying to coral hormonal 18-22 yr old boys who are trying to balance their own coming of age with football and school as opposed to grizzled veterans and professionals.
You rarely get continuity. NFL rosters, despite free agency, stick together much better than the overturn in college.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Both runs are very impressive and I can't say one is more outstanding than the other because college and pros are different animals. Everyone here in Philly are excited to have a chance for revenge against Brady and the Pats in two weeks. Revenge for a Super Bowl loss 13 years ago!!! That's right, the same team, coach and QB from 2005. That's impressive.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Depends on who you are comparing. The Coaches? I would lean Saban over Belichick because he doesn't have Brady and never has had a truly elite QB (until now?).

Overall, its a fun debate that doesn't really matter. They are both unbelievable runs.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I understand the Bills were decent this year and made the playoffs. But, during New England's run, most of their division has been garbage. And that accounts for 6 games under the current scheduling format. The Bills, The Dolphins, and the Jets. All of it trash. Six sure wins most years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sorry to jump in without having read the thread, but I can say that while I was watching NE get man-handled in most of the first half yesterday, I thought to myself, NE will likely come back and win the game.

People hate teams that win all the time...so if folks hate NE or Bama it's just because we do nothing be WIN.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
It's an interesting debate.

I personally vote college.

The margin for error is slimmer.
Recruiting is another sport in and of itself and far more tricky to navigate than the draft and free agency in my opinion. *though draft and free agency are tricky)
You're trying to coral hormonal 18-22 yr old boys who are trying to balance their own coming of age with football and school as opposed to grizzled veterans and professionals.
You rarely get continuity. NFL rosters, despite free agency, stick together much better than the overturn in college.
That's similar to my argument. I see it like this. You can go 9-7 and still have a chance to win the Super Bowl. In college, two losses and you are out, almost (but not completely) guaranteed. Additionally, they have a draft in the NFL. If you are selected, they are guaranteed you will play for them (or get compensated if you don't). In college, you have to convince players to really want to come play for you, with no compensation for doing so other than the education and possible path to the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.