Who is Saban's replacement?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Where are you seeing this? He has only started one year. If you go back and look people were saying the same thing about JH and right after all that chatter all he did was help recruit the best set of wide receivers we ever saw at Alabama. I say Alabama but in truth that group of Juedy, Ruggs, Smith and Waddle may be the best group of receivers in the history of college football. Not sure if you will ever see that again.

Guys are going to transfer in this new NIL era. Sad but a big bank roll speaks louder than QB play. Say what you want but Milroe and Bond have great chemistry. He rarely missed when targeting Bond.
I just watch games and observe. Did not mean to ruffle anyone's feathers but that is my observation. I'd prefer a QB that distributes the ball to the playmakers we have, which is his job. But hey, I will roll with anyone that they trot out on the field but I will make observations.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
He's a Heisman candidate at Bama, but I couldn't care less about that. I want championships.
We almost won a championship this year with Milroe sans a bad snap. Coach Saban said that last play had no throwing option to it. The play was designed to run to the left the bad snap threw it off. It made the right side of the offensive line look bad because they knew the ball was going left.

I will say again Michigan made every qb they faced look bad. Michael Penix may go in the top 10 in this draft but if they were basing it off of that Michigan game he wouldn't be drafted at all. Milroe made a huge leap during the year. I for one want to see the jump he can make over the summer having actually started a full year. One thing you can be sure of the locker will always pick the best player. They picked A.J over Star. Remember the players wanted Jake Coker in 2015 and the Coaches went with Cooper Bateman they quickly saw the error in that decision and went with Jake who won a NC. The players chose Jalen Hurts over Blake Barnett then turned around and chose Tua over Jalen. The point is the team wants to have the guy who gives them the best chance to win.

If Milroe comes back next year and has not improved and another player gives us a better chance to win I promise you the players are going to rally around that player. Milroe has been a great ambassador for the University. By all accounts he keeps his head down and causes no trouble. No police reports. No domestic violence issues. No crab legs stolen. Not sure why we would want a young man like that to leave. I personally don't want to face him next year with a offensive coordinator with some imagination. With the growth I saw this year I know he will be better next year.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I hope all of you who were fretting about the search - how GB was botching it, how all of our players were going to transfer, how we were going to lose every recruit we have, how we were going to have to beg Lane Kiffin to take the job, how we were going to get so desperate we'd have to hire Tommy Rees, blah blah blah - will realize now that this is not 2006. With what CNS built, this is a gold mine even if you do have to follow the GOAT.

Nobody we hired was going to be able to fill Saban's shoes. But this moved very quickly and decisively, and outside of kidnapping Kirby Smart at gunpoint I think Byrne knocked it out of the park.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
These days, the portal is rising in importance so fast it will eventually be the equal to recruiting. (Penix led the nation in passing yards). All KD has to do is keep top ten classes (how have Bama’s previous three classes fared?).
He’s a winner - winners gonna win. He will not be Saban 2.0. He will keep Bama in contention year in and year out. Bama got the very best coach they could get. Players are going to have to want to play for UA for a year or two until he develops relationships.
RTR

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I hope all of you who were fretting about the search - how GB was botching it, how all of our players were going to transfer, how we were going to lose every recruit we have, how we were going to have to beg Lane Kiffin to take the job, how we were going to get so desperate we'd have to hire Tommy Rees, blah blah blah - will realize now that this is not 2006. With what CNS built, this is a gold mine even if you do have to follow the GOAT.

Nobody we hired was going to be able to fill Saban's shoes. But this moved very quickly and decisively, and outside of kidnapping Kirby Smart at gunpoint I think Byrne knocked it out of the park.
I don’t know if anyone here posted that. Now , if that was said on social media maybe you should post it there.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I just watch games and observe. Did not mean to ruffle anyone's feathers but that is my observation. I'd prefer a QB that distributes the ball to the playmakers we have, which is his job. But hey, I will roll with anyone that they trot out on the field but I will make observations.
You did not. If my response came off as you did I apologize.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
One bright spot is the fact that Saban will still have an office and some involvement. In a perfect world, DeBoer would have been Saban's OC for a couple years (imagine him instead of BoB as OC), and in doing so he'd really be integrated into the region and the way Alabama recruits and so on.

Saban is a recruiting genius. He's a defensive genius. If he stays in his lane (no gameday stuff, no offensive stuff), he could go a long way in helping DeBoer maintain what Saban built.

I'm not of the mind that Saban needs to get out of the picture completely, he's the greatest college football has ever seen. Anything he wants to dabble with will be improved, or as the case may be maintained.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One bright spot is the fact that Saban will still have an office and some involvement. In a perfect world, DeBoer would have been Saban's OC for a couple years (imagine him instead of BoB as OC), and in doing so he'd really be integrated into the region and the way Alabama recruits and so on.

Saban is a recruiting genius. He's a defensive genius. If he stays in his lane (no gameday stuff, no offensive stuff), he could go a long way in helping DeBoer maintain what Saban built.

I'm not of the mind that Saban needs to get out of the picture completely, he's the greatest college football has ever seen. Anything he wants to dabble with will be improved, or as the case may be maintained.
I would love to hear that Saban is managing the NIL structure for Alabama. He could raise more money than anyone else in the country if that became his focus.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Absolutely spot on. Our new coach is not just walking into a unstable situation. Nick will be there as counsel on everyone and everything. If it were any other coach you'd think he couldn't resist keeping his reign on the program but Nick Saban is a different breed. I think this can really be a wonderful situation for all parties involved.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Let's just wait and see on that one, people are saying their hearing a bunch of players are considering the portal.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
It will be interesting to see what players he could bring along too. Washington had the best offensive line in football last year and it was only 1 senior the rest were 2 juniors a sophomore and a freshman. The freshman was a center which could be a guy that we could use with us a little short there.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If they are leaving because they fear JM won't be qb next year then let them leave.
This is a good coaching hire and he will have Bama playing good ball.
I agree to a degree, we need the elite athletes on the field to win the games, but we don't need fence riders. You're either in or your out ya know? Isaiah Bond needs to realize that he'll actually do better under DeBour's offense anyways, the guy had 3 1,000 yrd receivers. Bond was 2nd in receiving with only like 680 yards or something like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.