Who is the worst headcoach to win a national championship?

Worst one to win it all

• Total voters

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Chizik by a landslide.

That 2010 AU team was one of the luckiest teams I've ever seen.

They won 7 games by 1 score.... and FIVE of those games were won by 3 points or less.

Any of those games could have easily been losses if not for an absurd amount of lucky bounces and breaks including opposing teams star players or QB's getting hurt during crucial moments.

Cam Newton and Nick Fairley carried the team and they somehow overcame a defense that gave up 24.1 PPG (53rd in the country).

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Chizik, no question, and I love the dude, lot of AU fans do. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. He was a dude that had no business being a head coach at this level that fell into the perfect storm. To his credit, he stayed out of the way that year and let his guys do their thing.

Glad he's found his calling as an analyst. He's very good on SEC Network.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Chizik, no question, and I love the dude, lot of AU fans do. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. He was a dude that had no business being a head coach at this level that fell into the perfect storm. To his credit, he stayed out of the way that year and let his guys do their thing.

Glad he's found his calling as an analyst. He's very good on SEC Network.
I hope he never gets the itch again to coach. He is good at what he does now and needs to stick to it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.