Who is Trump's dumbest Press Secretary?

Who is the King/Queen of the dummies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am pretty simple minded about things like this. If a person says stupid things over and over again, they are telling me how stupid they are. Listen to her press conferences. If she isn't stupid, she fakes it very well.
Not to take her side but......I sometimes think that nowadays (unlike say in FDR's day) people take these jobs NOT because of any basic commitment to the President as they do to make big bucks with either the book deal or future job as Fox News commentator (or another network if you're a liberal).

I thought Marcia Clark was a horrific prosecutor if the OJ case tells me anything, and their pre-trial jury screening proved it conclusively (black women jurors in particular HATED Clark in the testing - and that was most of the jury she allowed to be seated).

But Clark and Darden both got rich off their books about their misfortune despite doing such a lousy job themselves actually prosecuting the case.

I suspect this is the same. Tyler Perry did a hilarious skit on SNL as Madea pretending to be Trump's press secretary so that she could get rich ten days later.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not to take her side but......I sometimes think that nowadays (unlike say in FDR's day) people take these jobs NOT because of any basic commitment to the President as they do to make big bucks with either the book deal or future job as Fox News commentator (or another network if you're a liberal).

I thought Marcia Clark was a horrific prosecutor if the OJ case tells me anything, and their pre-trial jury screening proved it conclusively (black women jurors in particular HATED Clark in the testing - and that was most of the jury she allowed to be seated).

But Clark and Darden both got rich off their books about their misfortune despite doing such a lousy job themselves actually prosecuting the case.

I suspect this is the same. Tyler Perry did a hilarious skit on SNL as Madea pretending to be Trump's press secretary so that she could get rich ten days later.
I get it - so you are saying that she is whoring herself out.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
She is a Harvard graduate. She has a law degree also. From Harvard, I do believe. She is unmarried B1GTide, a tidbit that perhaps you or others might be interested in. :)
I actually know some very good doctors that would be completely lost trying to do anything else, including other scientific things.

No offense against the numerous lawyers we have here, but that IS a profession where a number of people learn to either lie incredibly effectively or persuade themselves of things that no rational person could ever believe (like actually thinking OJ Simpson was innocent or - for that matter framed).

And journalists (in most cases) are even worse. Nowadays most of their questions are the same as the leading questions prosecutors use in criminal trials. And because their jobs depend so much on "ratings," we get troll titles and selling points that are not true at any level.

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I actually know some very good doctors that would be completely lost trying to do anything else, including other scientific things.

No offense against the numerous lawyers we have here, but that IS a profession where a number of people learn to either lie incredibly effectively or persuade themselves of things that no rational person could ever believe (like actually thinking OJ Simpson was innocent or - for that matter framed).

And journalists (in most cases) are even worse. Nowadays most of their questions are the same as the leading questions prosecutors use in criminal trials. And because their jobs depend so much on "ratings," we get troll titles and selling points that are not true at any level.
You are speaking, of course, of trial lawyers. The fallacy in bold is an old one. Our system is one of advocacy - two sides being set forth effectively, with the truth emerging. It's not a perfect system, just better than the alternatives. You've not only started with trial lawyers, you leapt to criminal law. Most criminal defense lawyers don't even really want to know if their clients "did it." Not their jobs. In my case, I can make it through an entire day without the necessity of lying about anything... :)

Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.