Who replaces Metchie?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Billingsley should theoretically have a huge game vs Cincy but the dude just hasn't looked right. Feels like he's dropped a lot of balls this year. Cincy would be the perfect game for that to change though.

To answer the OP question I think Brooks might have a coming out party. Holden will get some reps too
Billingsley and/or Latu "should" have a huge influence in this game as well as passes to RB's out of the backfield. Although I haven't watched a lot of Cincy this year they are touted for having 2 early round NFL caliber corners so I'd expect to not challenge them much with an inexperienced freshman.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Billingsley should theoretically have a huge game vs Cincy but the dude just hasn't looked right. Feels like he's dropped a lot of balls this year. Cincy would be the perfect game for that to change though.

To answer the OP question I think Brooks might have a coming out party. Holden will get some reps too
There is speculation that Billingsly is playing through an injury.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
I watched the sec in 60 today on Alabama’s season and there was a lot of these guys y’all mentioned that played earlier in the year when both Metchie and Williams were playing. They looked good. I think they will step up just like Brooks stepped up in the Auburn game.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

ATLBAMAFAN

3rd Team
Feb 2, 2005
He had some big catches vs. Georgia and second half vs. Auburn. I'm hoping something has clicked with him. Billingsley, that is.
Totally agree. Billingsley has acted, at times, like he’s lost or even not engaged out there. Seems like he’s playing slow. He’s a great talent and has stepped up some the last couple of weeks. I’m hopeful he can take a step towards being elite. If the Cincinnati corners are as good as advertised then that ought to give him some opportunities. I’m also hopeful that JoJo Earle will be ready to come back. He can add some explosiveness when subbing for Slade at the slot.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
At the beginning of the year I thought Billingsley would be a first rounder after this year but now I feel like he comes back.

I also think Bolden and Holden will be the two that get the most reps outside of Williams. If Earle is healthy which I suspect he will be he will also be huge. Gotta remember these guys aren’t really freshman anymore.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
In my opinion, Holden and Brooks are more than capable of stepping up.
I think it's those two and I think they are the primary targets next year. They've both played well recently when given the opportunity.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
At the beginning of the year I thought Billingsley would be a first rounder after this year but now I feel like he comes back.

I also think Bolden and Holden will be the two that get the most reps outside of Williams. If Earle is healthy which I suspect he will be he will also be huge. Gotta remember these guys aren’t really freshman anymore.
Holden is a sophomore. Earle and Brooks are Freshman.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Billingsley has played much better of late. He had a clutch 4th-down catch on the last drive at Auburn. Would like to see him and Latu targeted more in the CFP. There are a lot of options to take up Metchie's slack, which we'll need since to keep Cincy's D honest.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Holden has shown flashes. Made a great catch against Georgia IIRC. His body is more like John Metchie's in terms of bulk. I think he could be due a breakout game, kinda like Brooks in the Auburn game.

And something to think about: During the next month we kinda have a mini-training camp and then get into bowl/game prep. That extra practice time can be huge for these younger players!

Perhaps it's a time for Billingsly to heal if he's hurt OR A. Hall to get back in good graces with CNS. We know he can play a big part in just one game (as he showed in the A-day game). I sure hope he gets his act together!!!

Reactions: seebell

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I’m hoping his OJ Howard light 💡 will come on. This is a dude who could be a Kyle Pitts level headache for defenses.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Based solely on what I've seen on the field, Brooks is most likely the man to step up if anyone is. I could see Billingsley having a breakout game, but I expect he'll continue to mainly be used as a TE. I'd love to see Holden, Leary or Baker also get more involved, but its a lot to expect all three of them to suddenly become big contributors. Not sure what's up with Hall, but it feels like things aren't working out with him for whatever reason. There are only so many practice reps to go around catching passes from BY, and my guess is Brooks is probably going to get more of those, meaning he'll be more game-ready than the others.

Reactions: seebell

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.