Who were/are your favorite Bama Basketball Players?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have several. Here is one of them from the early 80s, Eddie Phillips. This is him in Spain.

Reactions: TexasBama

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Ennis Whatley also one off that team! He had "mad ballhandling skills"! Really, old school funk track!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
All time favorite is this guy ...

Dice, Roy Rodgers, Gerald Wallace, Colin and Hollywood Robinson are honorable mentions.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Anthony Murray
Charles Cleveland
Leon Douglas
Rickey Brown
TR Dunn
Boonie Russell
Reggie King
Derrick McKey
Antonio McDyess
Ennis Whatley
Antoine Pettway
Robert Horry
James “Hollywood”Robinson
Well Rev, you took just about all of mine. I also liked Buck Johnson, great player as well as Latrell Sprewell, Melvin Cheatum and David Benoit.

Reactions: Ldlane

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Antonio Mcdyess for me. dude was so athletic, had a mid range jumper and could make moves with back turned and facing the basket. close 2nd would be Hollywood Robinson..looks as though his Bama highlights are tough to find
There was a player we were recruiting that would have played with McDyess but decided on UConn. Ray Allen

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Keith Askins
Antoine Pettway
Roy Rogers
Derrick McKey
Michael Ansley
Erwin Dudley

I have plenty of others that I like as well but these are the players that stand out in my mind above the others.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Pettway and Rogers both improved as much as any player that I've ever seen from freshmen to seniors, especially Rogers, and that is why they are both in my top 5 all-time favorite players. I don't think I've every seen a guy as raw as Roy Rogers was become such a fantastic player. How many triple-doubles did he have as a senior? I know he just missed out on having a few more.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.