Who will be in Biden's Cabinet?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Just curious what yall think. But Ill get it started. I think Pete, Beto,and Doug Jones will be apart of it in some capacity.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I think Democrats recognize Pete’s potential. He has been extremely media savvy which makes me think he could be press secretary and get his face out there, but to keep him on a senatorial or presidential trajectory I have a feeling it will be in something with foreign affairs. The only thing I would think may derail him is that the state department transition plan hasn’t seemed terribly significant in the minds of electors in the recent elections.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Pete wants to be president some day, so he likely won't take a job in the cabinet. It would actually slow his career.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Pete wants to be president some day, so he likely won't take a job in the cabinet. It would actually slow his career.
So what is his next step? I don’t see a gay Democrat winning a senate seat in Indiana.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It crossed my mind that Condi Rice kept her hands clean as best I remember and didn’t throw in with Trump.

Maybe Sec of Education?

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think that his cabinet will be filled with names that most Americans will recognize. Jones in Homeland Security makes sense. I get the need to reward Pete and Kander because their political careers are just about over in their states. I am just not sure that there is a decent role for which they are qualified. If Pete wants a career in politics, maybe something in the State Department makes sense? Or maybe leverage the veteran history of Pete and Kander in some role? Just not sure.

Reactions: GrayTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Will Jones be AG or Homeland Security? I see most indicating that he will get the AG nod.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I would prefer to see Sally Yates as AG, Doug Jones at Homeland Security and Mayor Pete at Veteran Affairs. I like Susan Rice for SOS, but do not think she would get past the Republican senate.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would prefer to see Sally Yates as AG, Doug Jones at Homeland Security and Mayor Pete at Veteran Affairs. I like Susan Rice for SOS, but do not think she would get past the Republican senate.
Would Yates be willing to clean house in the Justice Dept? If so, that is a great suggestion. Need someone willing to take out the trash at AG.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I do not know if she would clean house, but it does need a complete makeover. I was impressed with her early on until Trump fired her. Mayor Pete, being a Navy and combat veteran, should be a good fit at VA. After some time there, he could be in line for a more prestigious position. I do not like the idea of taking sitting senators or congressmen for cabinet positions since it could lead to weakened positions in both houses.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It crossed my mind that Condi Rice kept her hands clean as best I remember and didn’t throw in with Trump.

Maybe Sec of Education?
Oh Putin would rue the day to see a Russian expert and protagonist back in the White House. Always been a distant admirer of her.

Reactions: JDCrimson

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You can bet that AOC won't get a spot. She was critical of the Democrats before Biden has had a chance to do a single thing. Biden's immediate goals are, and have to be:

* Battle Covid
* Economic Recovery
* Heal America (in so much as it is possible)

Progressives need to be patient. Let Biden accomplish his immediate goals and maybe the DNC wins a majority in the Senate in 2022. That would be the opportunity to pursue things like Medicare for All.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I do not know if she would clean house, but it does need a complete makeover. I was impressed with her early on until Trump fired her. Mayor Pete, being a Navy and combat veteran, should be a good fit at VA. After some time there, he could be in line for a more prestigious position. I do not like the idea of taking sitting senators or congressmen for cabinet positions since it could lead to weakened positions in both houses.
Yates is an outstanding name to consider with her experience and intellect.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.