Question: Who Will Be the Unlikely Hero in the Iron Bowl?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Playing off the question posted on AL.com I thought it would be interesting to see what Tidefans nation think. I think it will be a pair of youngsters

Jerry Jeudy and Irv Smith

I think AU will overcompensate in trying to shut down #3 and Jalen will have to find another target. It could mean the difference between winning and losing. I also think we might see a gameplan similar to the 2009 SECCG against UF. They had a monster defense that year and Bama attacked the edges and softened their middle up. We’ll see soon but Irv could find himself playing a much bigger role this
Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jacobs would get my vote going in. I think that Daboll is going to get him the ball in a lot of different ways in this game.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hope it is our punt return guy, hope he has to field a lot of aub punts. That means they are not getting first downs or scoring.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
It's hard for me to think of any of our young RBs or WRs as "unlikely " heroes because they have performed so well when given opportunities this season. That being said, I expect the TE Hale Hentges to be the hero. He has 6 receptions for 73 yards and 3 tds this year. I doubt the Barn will pay him much attention because of all the other talented guys on this team, but with only 6 catches already resulting in 3tds I think he will make them pay.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I hope it is our punt return guy, hope he has to field a lot of aub punts. That means they are not getting first downs or scoring.
Good call and I read a couple of days ago that their kickoff and punt return defense isn't very good according to NCAA rankings!

But that means we have to hold our breath as Marks attempts to catch them!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Jacobs would get my vote going in. I think that Daboll is going to get him the ball in a lot of different ways in this game.
Knowing his potential from last year and what we saw against Mercer it's likely he plays a key role, but I wouldn't say he'd fall into the category of the "unlikely."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How about an INT by one of our injured LBs??? That would be "unlikely" considering no one saw this couple a few weeks ago!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I like that choice also; would be interesting to start with the 2 back offense with Josh in the slot and on the move. Their LB's will have trouble covering him or he might occupy a safety.

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Just let Bama be Bama, play our game and all will end well. I just want to see both side be AGGRESSIVE. I want to go at them like gang busters. I do not want to see any conservative stuff, even if leading by 30 I want to go all out all the time. I think we need more than one hero. I want to see all the play makers make plays. team effort.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.