Who wins more national championships in the next 10 years.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I was looking at 2022 recruiting yesterday and Ohio State seems to be lighting it up so say the least. I think they have 10 guys already and 3 are 5 stars. If I gave you Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma and Alabama, who wins the most in that 10 year span? I would put my money on Ohio State or Bama (but I would not put much as I don't have much confidence in that pick and I don't know if Saban is coaching after 5 more years). Surely Georgia has to win one at some point. And same for Oklahoma. They seem like they are figuring out how to play a little defense. Clemson might be the favorite this year but going forward who knows. Who wins the most out of that group? My opinion is that group claims 9 of the next 10 titles.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Totally depends on coaching. If Saban stays 10 years - Alabama, and it won't be close. We are going to find out a lot about Day this year and Ohio State returns a ton of top talent. If he gets solid QB play, we are built to win now. Same for the Sooners. If they can't win in in 2021 they never will.

Karen is gonna karen in that crappy conference, winning in years when another team isn't dominant. And Georgia is gonna georgia.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Agree with B1G. If Saban is around for the majority of that then us. Even if he isn't it still might be us depending on who takes over (whoever it is should get at least one NC).

Like B1G said, if Oklahoma is going to start winning NCs it'll have to be now. I think Day will win a NC at some point.

Idk overall i think smart money is on us. I think Saban wins at least 2 more and his successor will be well set up to keep winning for a few years at least.

Reactions: B1GTide

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was looking at 2022 recruiting yesterday and Ohio State seems to be lighting it up so say the least. I think they have 10 guys already and 3 are 5 stars. If I gave you Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma and Alabama, who wins the most in that 10 year span? I would put my money on Ohio State or Bama (but I would not put much as I don't have much confidence in that pick and I don't know if Saban is coaching after 5 more years). Surely Georgia has to win one at some point. And same for Oklahoma. They seem like they are figuring out how to play a little defense. Clemson might be the favorite this year but going forward who knows. Who wins the most out of that group? My opinion is that group claims 9 of the next 10 titles.
Well I have heard that next year is uga's year. Or maybe auburn? Or maybe texas? Or maybe Notre Dame? Or maybe michigan? One of those teams for sure is next year is their year

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think you can forget Georgia unless they start recruiting some Heisman worthy QB's and develop a prolific passing offense. I'd say Bama will win the most if Saban coaches for a while. If not, then Clemson could since they seem to have a lock on the ACC for the foreseeable future. Oklahoma could get pushed hard by Texas for the Big 12 title in future years if Sark has any kind of success there. Ohio State should own the B1G for a while since Michigan's decision to extend Harbaugh's contract helps Ohio State IMO. Still a bit early to make a judgment on Day's coaching ability.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I believe Day will eventually win one, but while he only has a couple of years of (successful) head coaching under his belt, he still hasn't gotten over the hump. Better than not making the CFP at all, but right now he's basically kirby smart after year three - time will tell if he has what it takes to keep the Ferrari he was handed the keys to between the lines. Again, for the record, I believe he does.

Same with Riley. Was handed a monster, hasn't screwed things up, but hasn't won the biggest games.

I agree that Saban is the wildcard - until proven otherwise, his team will be a favorite every single year pre-season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Are you asking who wins the most out of the schools you listed?

If so, (assuming CNS is around in the foreseeable future) I'd be shocked if it's not Bama.

I'd even go out on a limb and say we'll have as many or more than all of those combined. All we'd have to do is to continue to win NCs at the current clip, which is an average of 1 every 2 years during CNS's tenure. If we get lucky and have a 2 or 3 peat I could see us winning 6 out of the next 10. I know this sounds so homerish, but the recent history supports this.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Are you asking who wins the most out of the schools you listed?

If so, (assuming CNS is around in the foreseeable future) I'd be shocked if it's not Bama.

I'd even go out on a limb and say we'll have as many or more than all of those combined. All we'd have to do is to continue to win NCs at the current clip, which is an average of 1 every 2 years during CNS's tenure. If we get lucky and have a 2 or 3 peat I could see us winning 6 out of the next 10. I know this sounds so homerish, but the recent history supports this.
Sorry if I was not more clear. Yes, out of those schools listed. I think the only teams that win titles in the next 10 years will be one of those. Clearly though, someone like a USC, Oregon or LSU could pull one off.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Oklahoma might - MIGHT - luck into one because the game has changed into "defense optional," which is right up their alley.

Georgia's window is shut. For good.

Clemson has been exposed the last 2 years to the point I think that their future playoff spots may well depend upon either going undefeated or EVERYONE ELSE is going to have to lose. Two titles still don't give them the cache of an Ohio St or Alabama.

Probably a toss-up between us and Ohio State, and it's only a toss-up because Day is young enough to be Saban's kid and appears to be a good coach.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I believe Day will eventually win one, but while he only has a couple of years of (successful) head coaching under his belt, he still hasn't gotten over the hump. Better than not making the CFP at all, but right now he's basically kirby smart after year three - time will tell if he has what it takes to keep the Ferrari he was handed the keys to between the lines. Again, for the record, I believe he does.

Same with Riley. Was handed a monster, hasn't screwed things up, but hasn't won the biggest games.

I agree that Saban is the wildcard - until proven otherwise, his team will be a favorite every single year pre-season.
True, and he will have to get a little more aggressive in some aspects to get over that final hill.

However - Riley may (for lack of a better word) luck into one (or even more) because the game has so rapidly degenerated into a pinball contest that he has already put in place the kind of team that can win such a battle, and they're experienced with it starting in junior high.

The Alabama defenses of 2011, 2016, and 2017 are almost relics at this point.

Reactions: The Ols

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
True, and he will have to get a little more aggressive in some aspects to get over that final hill.

However - Riley may (for lack of a better word) luck into one (or even more) because the game has so rapidly degenerated into a pinball contest that he has already put in place the kind of team that can win such a battle, and they're experienced with it starting in junior high.

The Alabama defenses of 2011, 2016, and 2017 are almost relics at this point.
This is probably Riley’s best shot. They get Nebraska as their big out of conference game and will probably play Iowa St twice. This is the most complete on paper they have been in years. But paper has to become reality.

I think Clemson is about to feel competition and all those years playing down to the Pittsburgh’s and Cuse’s might bite them in the ass finally. They get Georgia first off.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is probably Riley’s best shot. They get Nebraska as their big out of conference game and will probably play Iowa St twice. This is the most complete on paper they have been in years. But paper has to become reality.

I think Clemson is about to feel competition and all those years playing down to the Pittsburgh’s and Cuse’s might bite them in the ass finally. They get Georgia first off.
If Riley can't get it done this year, expect him to start considering some of those NFL interviews.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Yeah, I agree on both counts there.

Reactions: 81usaf92

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
I wonder if ATM might slip in at some point. Jimbo has been there before.He just needs a QB

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
Texas and miami (if they can keep the talent there) might be on the upswing soon. May see 1 or 2 from these programs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.