Who wins more national championships in the next 10 years.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Bama wins the most if Saban stays. If the program is managed correctly the next guy should catch a ring ala Les Miles, Dennis Erickson. Clemson and OSU have a walk to the playoffs due to weak conference play.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Oh, Texas is going to win the most. Shoot, they might win all 10 of them. Just ask them. :)

Seriously, given recruiting it probably will be either, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson or Georgia. Since Coach and Dabo have proven themselves I would have to lean that way, and you'd have to believe that CNS has a couple more in him given his past results and the way we are continuing to recruit.

I think that for Kirby to win one his team's talent level has to be a notch above everyone else's, which is possible but unlikely given the competition. Ohio State WILL win one, or more. Just don't know when.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was just surprised at the OSU/Bama overall team speed gap.

If that can’t be fixed after this many years of excellent recruiting classes, when will it?

Apparently not all 5* are made equally
There really wasn't a speed difference, or an athlete difference (aside from Smitty). There was a coaching difference, especially schematically.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There really wasn't a speed difference, or an athlete difference (aside from Smitty). There was a coaching difference, especially schematically.
Playing a 4-4 against the team speed Bama has is asking for mismatches. I get it, it worked - OSU contained Najee and B-Rob for the most part - but those guys struggled covering receivers (as basically all LBs do, outside of short crossing routes).

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Slade Bolden outran your all-American DB to the end zone. Was that speed ? Or “want to”?
The scheme had the defender running through other players back there, and he didn't trust what he was seeing because of other plays. Run too fast and Bolden reverses direction again and you are done.

It was a masterful play. Masterful. The NFL stops plays like that by handing off receivers who do those things, even when in man defense. The Bucks need to do some research and figure that out, because Alabama did that so well against us that we will see it again.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It was a masterful play. Masterful. The NFL stops plays like that by handing off receivers who do those things, even when in man defense. The Bucks need to do some research and figure that out, because Alabama did that so well against us that we will see it again.
Even in the NFL you end up with man-on-man - and NFL DBs / safeties are generally FAR better, more-sure tacklers than CFB secondary players.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Playing a 4-4 against the team speed Bama has is asking for mismatches. I get it, it worked - OSU contained Najee and B-Rob for the most part - but those guys struggled covering receivers (as basically all LBs do, outside of short crossing routes).
I think Day had to choose which part of the 3 headed beast to slay. He chose to shut down the running game. Najee still got some good runs but I guess the 4-4 worked in that regard.

He had to only hope that either MJ or our receivers might struggle. He probably knew they couldn't stop our passing game so he did the next best thing.

Obviously, MJ was "on" and they couldn't cover Smitty. Game over, no matter if they stopped our run game.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Totally depends on coaching. If Saban stays 10 years - Alabama, and it won't be close. We are going to find out a lot about Day this year and Ohio State returns a ton of top talent. If he gets solid QB play, we are built to win now. Same for the Sooners. If they can't win in in 2021 they never will.

Karen is gonna karen in that crappy conference, winning in years when another team isn't dominant. And Georgia is gonna georgia.
Your superstud RB recruit from my hometown (Treveyon Henderson) has a little brother in the 9th grade who has already been offered by UVA...another monster in the making. Their older brother is already at UVA (transferred from Indiana). Be interesting to see how he pans out and where he ends up...he looks like a good one.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I don’t think anyone is planning for Coach Saban to leave, but I do believe they are planning for WHEN he leaves. A plan will be in place that makes sense, unlike when Coach Bryant and Coach Stallings left.

That being my premise, I will surmise it will be Alabama, both with and without Nick Saban.

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
It will be the Crimson Tide. We are, and will continue to be the greatest team ever. After Coach Saban retires, he will have greatness in place for quite some time. Top coaches will want to come to Tuscaloosa.

We are the best team with the greatest fans. I am proud to be a part of this. My father was born in Alabama and introduced me to the Crimson Tide more than 50 years ago.

Today, I wore a new Alabama shirt in Suffolk County, New York that says, "2020 National Champions." Two people shouted "Roll Tide" at me. We are everywhere, and this is due to our team, our coach, our tradition of excellence and yes, our wonderful fans.

ROLL TIDE Today And Tomorrow!!!!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con and Jay Hughes

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It will be the Crimson Tide. We are, and will continue to be the greatest team ever. After Coach Saban retires, he will have greatness in place for quite some time. Top coaches will want to come to Tuscaloosa.

We are the best team with the greatest fans. I am proud to be a part of this. My father was born in Alabama and introduced me to the Crimson Tide more than 50 years ago.

Today, I wore a new Alabama shirt in Suffolk County, New York that says, "2020 National Champions." Two people shouted "Roll Tide" at me. We are everywhere, and this is due to our team, our coach, our tradition of excellence and yes, our wonderful fans.

ROLL TIDE Today And Tomorrow!!!!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love it...Your enthusiasm with the ! is something to be seen as well...or not? 😁

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I think we can all safely say now that Auburn and Tennessee will split all titles for the next 10 years. They both made substantial upgrades in their leadership.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Not sure why so many here believe Riley/OU must win one in 2021 or else they never will. The Sooners will just keep improving under Riley and his coaching staff, especially defensively, where they've already overtaken every team in the SEC with the possible exception of Bama. And they'll have the benefit of having the top QB recruits in the nation for at least the next three years.

Having said all that, I have little doubt that the team that wins the most NCs over the next 10 years is the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.