Will Anderson's endurance...

9gks

Scout Team
Jun 11, 2019
I have little knowledge in this field other than a good understanding of physiology. I know that players need to play together to develop cohesion but it is a long season and I would like to see our best player not run out of gas. I hope that coach either rests him or that he only plays one or two series especially considering the effort he plays with. Appreciate other thoughts

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMO, the only way to be well enough conditioned to go a full 60 minutes when he might need to do so is to do it in games throughout the season. Well, maybe not the full 60 minutes, but significant playing time.

Reactions: Rolltide51

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's almost impossible for defenders to do this, though. Especially in mid-September in the humidity of Gainesville. Plus coming off an injury...

I guess what I am saying is at this point I would read Anderson's state at the end of that game as an anomaly.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
coach saban spoke to this earlier this week.

from an article on kyallie's news post

“I think he showed a warrior mentality playing in the last game, playing as well as he did when he wasn’t 100 percent,” head coach Nick Saban said. “... You have an opportunity when you’re not 100 percent to show that you’re a warrior, that you can go out there and play, be player of the week when you weren’t 100 percent and he wasn’t 100 percent. He did practice some but he didn’t practice like he always does and he got tired in the game and he persevered.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Similarly, by the end of the 2009 SCar game, Mark Ingram could barely walk off the field.
He will always be my Favorite Alabama Player for the WAY he played the game.

He wasn't the biggest or the fastest RB 'Bama has had but I've never seen anyone else run harder or more determined and just refuse to go down like Mark.

That entire 2009 USCe game was Mark Ingram's 'Heisman Moment' and especially the 4th Qtr drive where he just lined up in the Wildcat and they COULD NOT STOP HIM.

24 Carries for 246 Yards 10.3 YPC and 1 TD
2 Recs for 23 Yards 11.5 YPC

26 Touches for 269 All- Purpose Yards and THEY KNEW he was getting the ball every dang time....

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
After watching clips of Neal do the impossible standing box jump thing he does, I realize what I thought was possible was off base.

I can't imagine Anderson could go the full game and be effective all the way through, but then what do I know...? I've seen Neal do his jump and I still wonder how he did it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I have little knowledge in this field other than a good understanding of physiology. I know that players need to play together to develop cohesion but it is a long season and I would like to see our best player not run out of gas. I hope that coach either rests him or that he only plays one or two series especially considering the effort he plays with. Appreciate other thoughts
Will needs to be on the field as much as he can. The longer he plays.. the more impact he has on the game.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
He will always be my Favorite Alabama Player for the WAY he played the game.

He wasn't the biggest or the fastest RB 'Bama has had but I've never seen anyone else run harder or more determined and just refuse to go down like Mark.

That entire 2009 USCe game was Mark Ingram's 'Heisman Moment' and especially the 4th Qtr drive where he just lined up in the Wildcat and they COULD NOT STOP HIM.

24 Carries for 246 Yards 10.3 YPC and 1 TD
2 Recs for 23 Yards 11.5 YPC

26 Touches for 269 All- Purpose Yards and THEY KNEW he was getting the ball every dang time....

“Fakes the give to Julio in motion…” Goodness, the talent we had on that team.

Reactions: seebell

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Will needs to be on the field as much as he can. The longer he plays.. the more impact he has on the game.
Yes, because he gives full effort all the time. His fatigue last week was tied to a lack of practice, so that’s addressable.

9gks

Scout Team
Jun 11, 2019
Yes, because he gives full effort all the time. His fatigue last week was tied to a lack of practice, so that’s addressable.
Similarly, by the end of the 2009 SCar game, Mark Ingram could barely walk off the field.
That was a truly dominating performance
And my recollection is that he looked tired the next week against Ucheat and maybe against LSU and fumbled against Ucheat but may have to ask Selma for clarification

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: DogPatch

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
No, we need some depth at the position and a healthy rotation. WA is very special, but there will be games we need him to be dominate at the end if the game!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The more I think about the post practice press conference on Wednesday, the more in get the feeling Coach Saban wants Will to take a greater leadership role with this team.

Saban talked about Will fighting through that injury enough to get on the field and his “warrior mentality”. He also insinuated players in college act as though they shouldn’t play with bumps and bruises, but when you get to the next level, that is the expectation. There wasn’t much of a way you were going to keep him off the field against Florida.

I really think Coach Saban was basically telling Will, even though this is only his second year, he’s proven himself enough on the field to get others in line in the locker room and off the field as well.

And we certainly need some guys to step into a leadership role on both sides of ball.

Reactions: Con and 9gks

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.