Will the Team be Invited by President Biden to the White House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
I love how everyone is voicing their opinion on this. Everyone is entitled to it. But I try to put myself in the player's shoes. What do they as an individual think? I think some would be in awe of going to the White House and other's wouldn't.
That's a good point. But I get the point about politics not getting injected into sports also. On balance, I'd say if they get an invitation and if the players want to go, they should go. But most likely there will be no White House invitation this year for Covid reasons alone. Understandable.

If this goes the way of the DoDo, I'd be happier if the extinction didn't happen on Bama's watch. But the day when this is no longer a Thing probably isn't far off.

Reactions: B1GTide

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Maybe instead of getting rid of it they could change how it works? Make it less about the president and more about the location/history of it somehow?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe instead of getting rid of it they could change how it works? Make it less about the president and more about the location/history of it somehow?
It has never been about the president other than about 5 minutes of their time there.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Respectfully, Nate - I was taught this, and I once believed it.

But I don't anymore.
Folks are fond of saying, "When the President requests, you do it."

I don't. Not anymore - not after what I've seen them do.

But I also would never criticize anyone who did or feels that way, either.
I'm right there with you I really am, thats how I want to feel, but honestly if given the opportunity I'd want to get that experience of being in presence of the president. Get that personal human read on them... and besides there is that famous line about keeping certain people closer.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.