Will Whatever CNS Does With The Coordinator/Coaching Staff Be The Determining Factor For A UGA Threepeat?

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
Milton isn't nearing retirement age like Hooker, and has a lot of tools. And with that QB coming in, Heupel seems to be building something offensively up there.
True enough, but to date with what little I've watched of UT with Milton at the helm, they have NO deep passing game. He can't throw a ball in the ocean beyond 20 yards, and that was what made Hooker so dangerous. That may improve over the off season, but hasn't changed this year or last.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You're going to have to pardon me for wondering how in the world UGA is going to get stories as the first chance to three-peat since Minnesota in 1934-36 after all the years the same media has been telling me "Alabama national championships from prior to 1936 don't count."

Which is it, folks?

Reactions: B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
To answer the OP question, no, I dont think so. My prediction is we will see a dropoff at the QB position in experience and simply being four years younger than Bennett. Granted I'm not saying Brandon Avalos type dropoff but enough to make a difference.

There was a dropoff from 2021 to 2022 defense, and I think we'll see another level of dropoff next season. Again, not such a dropoff that they are swiss cheese, but OSU didnt have any problems at all moving the ball and so much so that after that game CJ Stroud is now ranked higher than B Young in several draft rankings. We focus on their performance against TCU, but forget the OSU game when faced against an offense with elite talent, they got torched.
Its not focusing on TCU. Georgia was torched by a team with a backup QB and good , not great receivers the game before OSU. They can be had. If USCe played Georgia late in the season, they may have gotten an L .
Everyone has recency bias at times. This wasnt the all world team that some make them out to be, I dont think they will be overly hard to beat next year, not with Bama’s talent. Score early, make them play catch up without their running attack. Georgia has beaten Bama one time in 5 tries with kirby for a reason. And that took serious injuries. God, this is 2018 Clemson all over again.

Reactions: Padreruf

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
True enough, but to date with what little I've watched of UT with Milton at the helm, they have NO deep passing game. He can't throw a ball in the ocean beyond 20 yards, and that was what made Hooker so dangerous. That may improve over the off season, but hasn't changed this year or last.
It's early, but I'd be surprised if Heupel isn't a good developer of QBs.

We'll see. We saw what he can do when that offense is humming.

• Thank You
Reactions: twofbyc

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Georgia will be good enough and coached well enough to 3 peat next season unless Bama or Ohio State stops them. Hopefully it will be BAMA. RTR
It could be both of us that stops the 3-Peat. We beat them in the SEC Championship game then Ohio St. takes them out in the semi-finals.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I firmly believe that, without Bryce, we would have looked even worse than we did with him this past season. This was a team lacking in many ways.

The leaders will be leaving. There will be plenty of highly regarded talent. But I have no idea what to expect of the upcoming team. One thing for sure....hopefully new coordinators bring better schemes and better situational awareness, thus better playcalling

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
With the time off it would have been fun to see BY and improved receivers have at the GA secondary.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ok. How many games did the fifth year senior QB win for Georgia? With an ability no one thought he really had? Does Georgia have somebody to repeat his performances? Truly, we don’t know; but without it, Georgia loses at least one game.
I’ve said this before: senior-citizen QB’s will, more often than not (really, dang near all the time) lead very good teams to championship games. And they don’t have to have the strongest arm, or 4.3 speed; experience in college football makes up for other shortcomings and there really is no substitute.
I’ll say right now; no way Georgia’s offense in 2023 equals the production of the 2022 team.
I really don’t understand why some think an unproven inexperienced QB can do what Bennett did this year; at best, AT BEST, that’s a 50/50 shot.
Auburn beating them wouldn’t shock me; not saying it will happen, but everyone who thought Mizzou would battle them to the end this year, raise your hand.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He played very little before Hooker got hurt. He has ALWAYS had accuracy problems, but none with his arm strength. Heupel was a quarterback, and I’d be surprised if Milton plays if he doesn’t improve; the 5 star freshman coming in is not going fade away, and with coaching he could be one of the best in his class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.