Williams status for UGA?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He is playing well on ST and it's good for him to have that on film when the next level guys start evaluating. Helps the team and helps him. Can't play this game scared, especially this point in the season. Play smart...doesn't help anyone when he gets ejected.

Why do the officials seem to enhance the rules when calling targeting on us.
This was targeting...pure and simple. With all the problems I had with some calls last night, this was not one of them. He put his own neck/health in danger when he hit with his head leading...

I doubt he'll be on ST next weekend...we've got some burners we can put there who are much more expendable.

Reactions: NCRollTider

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don’t think he should return kick-offs either. We can’t afford to lose our best WR. Remember what happened to an outstanding WR receiver last year.
You are kidding right ?

this isnt a middle of the season game vs UTK or Ole Miss, this next game is for everything

he’s a game changer there

Cowtown Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2007
I would still have him return kicks and I would tell him not to fair catch if at all possible. Catch it and go. It will be hard to move the ball on their defense. We could use some special teams magic to swing the game.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
I think he would be good returning the kicks that are fielded at our 30 and up, he is a threat there vs trying to return the ones that are inside the 20....we should fair catch those anyway

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
This was targeting...pure and simple. With all the problems I had with some calls last night, this was not one of them. He put his own neck/health in danger when he hit with his head leading...

I doubt he'll be on ST next weekend...we've got some burners we can put there who are much more expendable.
I'll disagree. Led with his shoulder and the side of his helmet made incidental contact with the other players helmet. How was the guy running with the ball a defenseless player? That level of contact, including to the helmet, happens about 30 times in every game and doesn't get called. It was flagged because it was a hard hit and probably shouldn't have been called. That said, I do think Williams took an unnecessary chance and it cost him. You don't make that hit, at Auburn, with the well-documented history of the SEC officials.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I don't like the targeting penalty. I understand why it was put into place, but I think the ejection has run its course for the most part. I think there are malicious hits that warrant ejection and then I think there are hits like Williams' where he wasn't trying to initiate helmet-to-helmet contact but did because it is extremely difficult to maintain body control when both players are moving at the speeds they are. I'm fine with a 15 yard personal foul call, but ejections should be based upon intent.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and rolltd

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'll disagree. Led with his shoulder and the side of his helmet made incidental contact with the other players helmet. How was the guy running with the ball a defenseless player? That level of contact, including to the helmet, happens about 30 times in every game and doesn't get called. It was flagged because it was a hard hit and probably shouldn't have been called. That said, I do think Williams took an unnecessary chance and it cost him. You don't make that hit, at Auburn, with the well-documented history of the SEC officials.
that and the bs roughing the passer call on turner (plus a couple of others) about sent me to the crazy house

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
There is no requirement for the ball carrier to be a defenseless player if the refs deem that Williams made forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.

• Thank You
Reactions: colbysullivan

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
There is no requirement for the ball carrier to be a defenseless player if the refs deem that Williams made forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.
There should be a requirement for the ball carrier to be defenseless IMHO

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anybody know the status of Jojo Earle? He was very good as a punt returner... :unsure:
I saw him in a practice video. fumble / strip drill. He didn’t do much . I saw Hall in off the line get off drills. Not a lot of effort .

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
There should be a requirement for the ball carrier to be defenseless IMHO
I agree. Taking this into account would be a step towards a two types of targeting system. Incidental and flagrant, for example.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I agree. Taking this into account would be a step towards a two types of targeting system. Incidental and flagrant, for example.
I'd much rather get rid of the ejection all together. Just a 15 yard personal and if you get a second personal youre ejected just like any other personal foul. The auto ejection is no longer needed

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.