Link: Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard is leaving the Badgers program after the bowl 👀👀👀

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yes, yes I do. He has over 100 young men, a coaching staff, and another 100 or so employees who could possibly make a remark, post a picture, or level an insult that could bring an enormous amount of criticism and shame to him and the University. I absolutely believe he would have someone keeping tabs on his people and their behavior on social media.

I also think that would lead to absorbing some opinions from those not involved with the University, but I doubt there’s a report with that information on Saban’s desk.
That isn’t what’s being debated here. It was insinuated that Saban has someone specifically checking message boards and social media for fan opinions. That is pure lunacy.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I could see it now, this is how I envision this going down:

Week 1:
CNS: So what are our wonderful fans saying on the webs today?
GS (Grad Student): Nothing that I see other than BoB has to go, O looked flat!

Week 2:
GS (Grad Student): It was real interesting look this week, 50% said BoB has to go, the other 50% said Golding has to go....

Week 3:
GS (Grad Student): Apparently only five fans watched to game.

Week 4:
GS (Grad Student): Same five fans that watched last week, watched this week...

Week 5:
GS (Grad Student): #10 out of position all game, Golding has to go, BoB has to go, and no nasty bodies play D this year...

Week 6:
GS (Grad Student): Well Coach, the 50% of fans that wanted BoB gone, now want Golding gone, but the other 50% now want BoB gone. Oh, and #10 still out of position.

Week 7:
GS (Grad Student): Coach, there was so much curse words on the web I stopped reading after 45 seconds, had something to do about penalties and discipline!!!!

Etc Etc Etc...

Last edited:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
My take is that the dude knows defense and built one in his own mold at UTSA before coming to Alabama. Could be that Saban's D is just not a good fit for him. Could be he is still learning the nuances of the Saban D. Regardless, the dude is no numbskull despite the fact that our players have not thrived under his tutelage. Could be that a fresh start and amicable parting of ways would be in the best interest of both parties.
I believe this might be the most descriptive post I have seen top to bottom on the subject of Bama's Defensive success or failures. Because there have been a mix of both results. When CPG was hired...I thought, "CNS knows Defense..and he knows who can and cannot coach Defense. This guy has something special, or he would never have considered giving reigns to our Defense to a guy who has never coached at this level" The result has been a mixed bag, but fact remains pointing in a direction that most of us are uncomfortable going in. Watching our D get pushed backwards overrides what success I see.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
My take is that the dude knows defense and built one in his own mold at UTSA before coming to Alabama. Could be that Saban's D is just not a good fit for him. Could be he is still learning the nuances of the Saban D. Regardless, the dude is no numbskull despite the fact that our players have not thrived under his tutelage. Could be that a fresh start and amicable parting of ways would be in the best interest of both parties.
The guy may lack the personal discipline and communication skills necessary to succeed in a conference with outstanding talent throughout. It is easy to find an individual who is remarkably intelligent in a given discipline. The trick is to find someone with the interpersonal skills, personal disciplines and work ethic to make the rubber meet the road.

It is a fact that during his tenure the Defensive Line just has not had the NFL talent that passed through the program in prior years.

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
Yes, yes I do. He has over 100 young men, a coaching staff, and another 100 or so employees who could possibly make a remark, post a picture, or level an insult that could bring an enormous amount of criticism and shame to him and the University. I absolutely believe he would have someone keeping tabs on his people and their behavior on social media.

I also think that would lead to absorbing some opinions from those not involved with the University, but I doubt there’s a report with that information on Saban’s desk.
There's a big difference between monitoring your employees internet usage and assigning someone to read message boards for you.

Reactions: RammerJammer14

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The guy may lack the personal discipline and communication skills necessary to succeed in a conference with outstanding talent throughout. It is easy to find an individual who is remarkably intelligent in a given discipline. The trick is to find someone with the interpersonal skills, personal disciplines and work ethic to make the rubber meet the road.

It is a fact that during his tenure the Defensive Line just has not had the NFL talent that passed through the program in prior years.
Solid point regarding the defensive line

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Dashawn Hand, Isaiah Buggs, Daron Payne, Quinnen Williams, Raekwon Davis, Christian Barmore and Phidarian Mathis were all drafted from teams with gol*ing as the *C. He's had NFL level talent across the DL.

The only year gol*ing might deserve a little grace for is when both moses and mcmillan were injured right before the season started and he had to start 2 true freshmen at ILB (Lee and Harris) and 1 of those 2 had never played ILB before. In every other season, he's had plenty of talent at every level to deliver way better results than he has.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I would also say that HT ended up not big enough or fast enough to man the Mike.

Personally, if I got 2 wishes to fix within the program, I spending them on a new OC and changes in approach to S&C.

What I saw last night, we are more like OSU than UGA. More speed in space and downfield throwing. Event though UGA came back and won, they didnt do it running the ball. Their bulk was almost a liability. Which I believe we are still their Kryptonite head to head.

Dashawn Hand, Isaiah Buggs, Daron Payne, Quinnen Williams, Raekwon Davis, Christian Barmore and Phidarian Mathis were all drafted from teams with gol*ing as the *C. He's had NFL level talent across the DL.

The only year gol*ing might deserve a little grace for is when both moses and mcmillan were injured right before the season started and he had to start 2 true freshmen at ILB (Lee and Harris) and 1 of those 2 had never played ILB before. In every other season, he's had plenty of talent at every level to deliver way better results than he has.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think he absolutely does have someone or multiple people monitoring message boards and social media. But it’s to ensure there isn’t an “insider” leaking privileged info. Of course I’m well aware he has a very tight lid on who all are actually “insiders.”

• Facepalm
Reactions: Lucky Jack

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I don’t know about the coaching staff, but I would think someone within the AD’s office has an eye on the fan’s opinions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.