Link: Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard is leaving the Badgers program after the bowl 👀👀👀

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Guys, doing my best Strother Martin impression, “What we have here is failure to communicate.”

I don’t think anybody is saying that Saban makes decisions based on what is posted in message boards. But fan sentiment is a significant part of the program, and has a LOT of influence over fundraising. Plus, it can influence recruits.

Even if you believe Saban is completely ignorant of what’s said on message boards (I don’t think he is, but apparently some think it’s laughable that he wouldn’t be) — you have to know that 17-18 year old recruits do read message boards, and can be influenced by them.

Saban doesn’t take votes from anybody, much less fans, on program-related decisions. But if you think he doesn’t know what fan sentiment is, you’re saying he’s bat-blind to a significant influence on multiple facets of his program.

And no, I don’t think Saban spends time worth at least $2,300 an hour ($10M / (365 x 12)) scouring TF or other boards.

So I think he knows the gist of fan sentiment, but doesn’t do the research himself….which means I think he pays someone else to do it.

Last edited:

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
And no, I don’t think Saban spends time worth at least $2,300 an hour ($10M / (365 x 12)) scouring TF or other boards.

So I think he knows the gist of fan sentiment, but doesn’t do the research himself….which means I think he pays someone else to do it.
I bet Ms Terry keeps up with it very well without being asked to by anyone.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He doesn’t need to satisfy the fans at this stage of his tenure here. Especially since it’s only the 10% with the biggest mouths who are upset along with the regional sports media looking to fill their next column.

Bama fans complaining about their coordinators (in the eyes of fans of other teams) is akin to an episode of any housewives show, with the ladies upset because Lisa left the party early and she didn’t tell Karen “bye”

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
He doesn’t need to satisfy the fans at this stage of his tenure here. Especially since it’s only the 10% with the biggest mouths who are upset along with the regional sports media looking to fill their next column.

Bama fans complaining about their coordinators (in the eyes of fans of other teams) is akin to an episode of any housewives show, with the ladies upset because Lisa left the party early and she didn’t tell Karen “bye”
I mean, that’s pretty rude

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
As detailed as CNS is it wouldn't surprise me if a work-study student isn't assigned with reading internet chatter. Now how that info might trickle up to CNS would be interesting to know, if so.

But I guess what is bothersome is that some of the weaknesses that are discussed here should be as obvious as the nose on CNS's face.
I’m sure he has someone to monitor public opinion to some degree but certainly not for the purpose of input. You don’t really think that do you? He would be a fool.

It’s like Jim Mora, Sr said, “you think you know but you don’t know.” That’s the Alabama fan base and every other one. CNS is far from perfect, like every other person who is engaged in complex activity but some of the criticisms of CNS and his coaches have been ludicrous.

And the disrespect has been sickening. You can rest assured that Coach Bryant would object to the manner in which much of the criticism, even if warranted, has been leveled.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
An administrator - or fan base - that's afraid to ask the questions is one that ends up with Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc. Achievement does not equal freedom from accountability.
Comparing Coach to Bowden or Paterno is a bit ageist isn’t it? At 71, he’s light years ahead of me at 54.

Bowden and Paterno and even Coach Bryant were far less involved at this stage of their careers.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
An administrator - or fan base - that's afraid to ask the questions is one that ends up with Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc. Achievement does not equal freedom from accountability.
I respectfully disagree…with regard to fan base. You’re one move away from creating a breeding ground for self-entitled & meddlesome boosters…and will ultimately end up like Aubrun or Utx or Tx4&7

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I respectfully disagree…with regard to fan base. You’re one move away from creating a breeding ground for self-entitled & meddlesome boosters…and will ultimately end up like Aubrun or Utx or Tx4&7
You already have boosters like that................Saban has done a good job tamping that down, but should fans and boosters be content with a defense underperforming and just be satisfied that they almost got there? Do they have a right to be concerned?

• Haha
Reactions: BearFoot

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.