Woman to suit up for Vandy

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Good for her, BUT, remember this is a SEC football game, if you are on the field and your shirt doesn’t have stripes on it, there is potential for you to get run over, regardless of position. I'm sure she knows this, just don't get hurt.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Have you seen her kick? I'm finding it hard to believe that she is Vandy's best option.

The way Vandy is playing, Sarah isn't going to get an opportunity.

My only experience with place kicking was in then Denny Stadium when friends and I used to sneak in and play touch games. I could barely get it over the crossbar from the 20. It's harder than most think.
Her short kicks looked great and were not low line drives, but when she was back in 30+ yarder distance she struggled. She might be their best option for PATs. But there are 2 other kickers on the roster today, per Mason.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Vandy needs to have her kickoff to start the second half or she won’t take the field.
The announcers just said that none of their other kickers is available today. The only other person on their roster who has ever kicked is a defensive player. She is the only one to warm up as a kicker. She will likely kick off the second half.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Leave it to Vandy to suck so badly that they can't get into a position to garner some positive pub by having Fuller attempt a PA or FG. She'd have a much better opportunity if she were a punter....

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, she kicked off the second half and it was clearly supposed to be a low line drive, but even for that it wasn't great.

But congratulations to Sarah Fuller!

Reactions: MizzTide20

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Vandy kicked off twice last week against South Carolina. The kicks went 62 and 61 yards. This one went 30 yards.

Reactions: B1GTide

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I am glad this happened. Without anyone trying to make this a negative, I think it is great that a black coach helped a female become the first in the SEC.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Serious sexism showing in this thread. If this was a male, you guys would be making fun of that kick (rightfully so), but you wouldn't be saying that he didn't deserve to be on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.